Have to do 3 weeks in county jail next month...:-(

groovetube

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You don't know a thing, I was in for a lot worse than you are, and put in to a jail with about 80% blacks and mexicans. I was 19 and 6'2", and pretty tough, got beat up 3 days in a row by cops because they thought it was funny. SO {censored} YOU!

Suffer Bitch cuz' I was feeling some pitty for your ass but you took all that away.

1) cops dont beat you unless you act up, give attitude, or lack respect for their authority. that statement is basically 99% true if not more so.

2) you say you were 6'2 and a tough guy . i bet thats the exact reason the cops kicked the {censored} out of you. think about it. i bet you walked in jail/prison the first day and had a "chip" on your shoulder. That will get you beat up either by cops, inmates, or both in 100% of all jails. FACT.

3) you don't feel bad for me???? now you got me sad. me vewy, vewy sad you pulled me from your mojo list........................

• Members
Didn't you know you're not supposed to drive with a suspended license?

Why was it suspended?

Sorry dude but you did it to yourself, nobody made you become a methadone addict, or drive with a suspended license. Why are you taking methadone? They don't give it to just anyone. How do you become a "model citizen" when your taking methadone?

It's time to Ranger Up, Cowboy.

Now for the good news, this it a great time to clean up your act and get off the methadone and stay away from other drugs, it will only work if you are willing to go the full 12 steps. I did.

I think you should have taken the probation, paid the fines and maybe come community service, that way you could keep working, not lose the money and not go through all this.

And who knows what adventures you'll have in jail. I've been there and I didn't like it. I had to fight someone everyday for the first 2 weeks. I don't plan to ever go back.

clueless douchebag is clueless :facepalm:

what a self-righteous prick :blah:

• Members
I don't know anything about methadone but I would rather ride it out in a hospital than a jail cell
:idk:

I can't imagine they want someone having severe withdrawals at a jail
:cop:
U 100% positive there's no alternatives?

Do you plan on using painkillers after you're released?

:confused:

• Members

Its only "terrible stuff" in your opinion because your "best friends brother" was an illicit drug user who was not prescribed methadone. So by taking a narcotic medication he had no medical need or tolerance or doctor's oversight, he was just as irresponsible as any old junkie that shots too much dope in a back alley (to use a well loved cliche.)

How can you spew such oral-diarrea without understanding what you are discussing??

All methadone overdoses are due to someone who got ahold of the stuff and wasnt prescribed it. I tried explaining before, but i guess its futile. You cannot, as a methadone patient with doctor oversight, overdose. DEA regulations and strict guidelines don't allow people to increase their doses in a manner in which in dangerous. It doesnt happen.

Most deaths "due to methadone" are 'cause some street drug user meets a guy who is prescribed methadone and buys it from him (very bad)

Then the druggie will ingest the methadone, not knowing how much it is or what his tolerance is, and then go booze it up and maybe even do some other drugs and die. But all you and the press and ignorant sheep remember is "oooooooh he died from that terrible methadone."

i swear to gawd i am ignorant myself 'cause i thought people like you would scroll through the thread and learn something, but i realize that is just another form of shovelling sh#$t against the incoming tide. oh well.

Assumptions, you seem to make alot of them. His brother was a heroin addict and sought treatment at a methandone clinic. This was before the strict crackdowns like we have today. He was found dead in his apartment and the autopsy revealed an overdose on methadone. My point is methadone is terrible stuff that shouldn't be used as a replacement for heroin.

• Members

Groovetubes- I owe you an apology, I was being a dickhead and was out of line.

Here is what my experience has shown me- when we had methadone or any other controlled/prescription meds in our facility it was controlled by medical personnel and administered under observation to prevent illegal trafficking of narcotics.

Now in your case I suspect that you went to court, was given a fine amount or the option of serving 21 days to pay off the fines, of which you chose to go to jail. Now knowing that you use methadone for pain control, you have to come off it to serve out your time. That is the part that I said I didn't feel bad for you, I was thinking you were just another heroin junkie which was pretty harsh.

I would personally find a way to pay the fines and avoid the detox situation.
Contact the DA and ask about probation and community service as an alternative to incarceration, you still plead guilty to the charge of driving without a license but if you are not a repeat offender they should work with you.

Again I do apologize for being a dick.

BTW- I am an ugly motherf*cker, but I am cool with it, I've had almost 40 years to get used to it :thu:
With a wife and 3 kids- 17,8, and 4 I do alright.

• Members
Groovetubes- I owe you an apology, I was being a dickhead and was out of line.

Here is what my experience has shown me- when we had methadone or any other controlled/prescription meds in our facility it was controlled by medical personnel and administered under observation to prevent illegal trafficking of narcotics.

Now in your case I suspect that you went to court, was given a fine amount or the option of serving 21 days to pay off the fines, of which you chose to go to jail. Now knowing that you use methadone for pain control, you have to come off it to serve out your time. That is the part that I said I didn't feel bad for you, I was thinking you were just another heroin junkie which was pretty harsh.

I would personally find a way to pay the fines and avoid the detox situation.

Contact the DA and ask about probation and community service as an alternative to incarceration, you still plead guilty to the charge of driving without a license but if you are not a repeat offender they should work with you.

Again I do apologize for being a dick.

BTW- I am an ugly motherf*cker, but I am cool with it, I've had almost 40 years to get used to it
:thu:
With a wife and 3 kids- 17,8, and 4 I do alright.

no prob dude i dont think youre a dick. actually i think you have a lot of spot on points about corrections.
I didnt really have a way NOT to go to jail, but i simply couldnt explain that here. I couldnt be on probation because they check up with you and due to and issue(s) with my GF i couldnt take that option. I cant go into that any more. How would anyone know that? I just cant spew my guts too much. My GF has her own issues, including her weird ideas of what kind of men are attractive...........she'll trash brad pitt in one sec and then call some guy on american idol "kinda cute".....

I have looked myself (as well as paying through the ass for my attorney) and the jail will NOT dose me. I dont smoke weed, snort painkillers (although i drink 2-3 times a week here and there for sure) FWIW. I am just upset that i cant get my script given to me in jail. Obvously i'll live through it, it'll be all good after its over.

You are right (my father is a retired attorney in this state) that insurance companies notify "the state" when insurance money doesnt roll in, and then the state supposedly sends you a letter saying you'll have your license revoked. At the time my GF and i had moved and, although i put into effect mail forwarding, somehow i didnt "get the memo" Whose fault??? maybe hers, maybe mine? i dunno. The {censored} happened about 28 months ago, my memory on the specifics isnt perfect, nor am i. arghh me so mad at this. The only upside i can see at this point is that they let me do the 3 weeks after my final exams for grad school. that was cool i think.

• Members

Some jails actually will send you a bill after wards for your time spent.
Also you may still have too pay some fines and costs.
The states are full of surprises that way.
I was arrested for owing child support for a child that was not biologically mine.
Even after my short stay I got a nice bill from the county and the state as well as probation.
Ridiculous I know but the law isnt always just by any means.
Good luck.

• Members
ROFLROFL!!!!!!!!!

On another point:

Hint: I am not 19 years old. Im 30 and and know how to treat people. Eleven years of maturity makes a difference, and you'll find you get more respect as you get older. Also, if anyone tries getting silly with me i will not engage in any fighting that would endanger my "good time." Also I live in a very whitebread state and from a few guys i know that've been to this jail, there is usually like one black guy, and they are usually only doing time from bringing coke products north. Im not gonna get fu#$ked with .........im gonna be one of the hardest-core "criminals" there, -we have like no crime here and crimes that make the news are like the random purse theft at our strip mall.

I can't even believe they put people in jail for what is essentially a traffic violation. :facepalm:

Most places with any real crime problems at all wouldn't have the capacity to keep you in jail. {censored}, more than likely, the judge would throw out your case because it was two years old already. Sorry to hear about your predicament.

• Members
1) cops dont beat you unless you act up, give attitude, or lack respect for their authority. that statement is basically 99% true if not more so.

Check back in after your jail stay and tell me if you're not full of {censored}.

You think beat cops are bad? Just wait untill you get up close and personal with the guys they won't let roam the streets or push papers behind a desk.:lol:

• Members

Gee. The 12 steps really worked for you, didn't it?

Way to be a grade A judgmental prick.
:thu:

That's was 12 step programs do, they turn normal people with normal problems into smug ass pompous religous fanatics who think they are better than everyone. I've seen it happen a lot. I've been off drugs and alcohol a number of years and everytime I run into a "12 stepper" I :facepalm: at there higher than thou attitude.

• Members

methadone is usually used for weening people off of heroine

I'm aware of that, I was just curious if it was used for any sort of pain management.

If it's just a substitute for junk, now would be as good a time as ever to get that monkey off your back. I have a good friend who got completely off methadone more than 10 years ago, and I've got another friend who's been off junk for almost 2 years with no use of methadone.

Opiates are really a dead-end street, staying away from them is the best advice you can get.

• Members

What did you expect? I am suprised however that they do not allow that prescription at that facility.

How much more controlled can it be, I'd put you in a solitary cell, and watch the nurse give you the methadone and watch you swallow it, no problems at no time would you be allowed unsupervised access to the medication, since it is an opiod and would command a good price inside.

You didn't take care of your legal business properly and now have to go to jail for it. I worked both the corrections side and the patrol side of LE, I am not uninformed about methadone treatment, I just don't feel bad for you.

For what it's worth you've proven yourself to be a holier than thou douchebag though. Therefore, what you say doesn't matter much. Good thing you decided to throw your 2 cents in!

BTW sorry to hear about all this groovetubes. It's gonna suck but good on you for trying to take some preventative measures. 3 weeks will suck but you'll be loving life when you walk out. Take care dude.

EDIT: lp_junkie... you apologized to him. Good for you. Stop being a douche so you don't have to say sorry. :p

• Members
Assumptions, you seem to make alot of them. His brother was a heroin addict and sought treatment at a methandone clinic. This was before the strict crackdowns like we have today. He was found dead in his apartment and the autopsy revealed an overdose on methadone. My point is methadone is terrible stuff that shouldn't be used as a replacement for heroin.

Sure it was just methadone? What they usually fail to mention is the fact that mixing opioids with other CNS depressants (benzos or alcohol) is the usual cause of supposed opioid overdose, putting you into a nasty case of respiratory depression and suffocating. If dude was into the H bombs then I doubt his daily methadone dose could have killed him. Just the media and such furthering the stigma of opioids.

I'm not trying to start anything, just speculating. Sorry if this causes any offense. The US should look into the success of the Swiss heroin maintenance therapy (and brief heroin/hydromorphone model conducted in Vancouver last decade) as for helping out those dependent on opioid medication. 'Cause these offer many benefits, especially in the way of detox/withdrawl symptoms, since these have much shorter half-lifes, other than Buprenorphine or Methadone. Sorry for the rant... :cop:

• Members

I couldn't load any other pages except the first one and this one so I don't know if someone else said this but all I can say is get your ass on Suboxone ASAP. Straight up man if they'll let you take that DO IT!!! I don't want to freak you out but no matter how much you try to detox from methadone before you go in, not being able to take any for 25 days will not be fun, to say the least. Trust me on this one you don't want to do that. Talk to your doc as soon as you can about getting this, you'll be so glad you did. Good luck.

• Members
ROFLROFL!!!!!!!!!

On another point:

Hint: I am not 19 years old. Im 30 and and know how to treat people. Eleven years of maturity makes a difference, and you'll find you get more respect as you get older. Also, if anyone tries getting silly with me i will not engage in any fighting that would endanger my "good time." Also I live in a very whitebread state and from a few guys i know that've been to this jail, there is usually like one black guy, and they are usually only doing time from bringing coke products north. Im not gonna get fu#$ked with .........im gonna be one of the hardest-core "criminals" there, -we have like no crime here and crimes that make the news are like the random purse theft at our strip mall.

Yes sir, the Bruthas are gonna like you.:cop::poke::eek:

• Members

My experience starts in a small county jail. The locals thought they were badass. Transferred to a bigger city to wait until I could be put in the prison system. Not as many a$$holes looking for trouble. Prison had the fewest of all. Keep cool, don't back down and don't start {censored}. Nobody will fook with you.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

WOW.

perhaps reading a thread before making judgmental a-hole post would be the way to go in the future. HAHAHAHA you had to fight someone the first two weeks, so you obviously are a tiny little boy, or you have a serious attitude.

Really, read the thread or at least more than the and last 2-3 posts and then re-post with your apology. Please also include a thank you" for your education after reading this thread and LEARNING something for once.

WOW.

OP is kinda annoying. Can he go back please?

Archived