Two suicide bombers blow up a Russian metro....

TornadoOfSouls

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish Russia would get on the wagon and help fight these terrorist bastards. Seem like they just sit back and watch everyone else try to make this world a better place to live in.

the only way to fight terrorism is to ignore it and let secret services do their job.

Everybody should accept that a few hundred people will die each year because of acts of terrorism. That is a very small price to pay knowing that thousands of people die every year in car accidents.

• Members

Chechnya has been trying to gain independence from Russia since 1804-1813, 1834-1859, 1905-1917, 1994-1996 when they finally won, and then lost after their second modern war from 1999-present.

From 1944-1952 Stalin sent the entire country to Kazakhstan.

• Members

I wonder if this is related at all to russia's recent holding back on dealings with iran/discussions w/ the us regarding it?

Russia is being pretty good in dealing with Iran. They built their newest nuclear reactor for them, and essentially told the UN to F off about it.

I'd guess Chechens are behind this, but extremists will lots of crazy things. Maybe they figure if Russia got booted from Afghanistan back in the day they aren't so tough?

Wrong.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the vast, overwhelming number of the innocent civilians that were either injured or murdered on that subway didn't lift one finger to "kill" anyone.

Unfortunately its a double-edged sword. Of the hundreds of thousands killed in Chechnya, how many were innocent civilians, who didn't lift one finger to be part of any uprising or rebellion? Quite a lot I would imagine. 'Collateral damage' isn't such a big deal to Russia.

And its the families of those killed innocents that turn to terrorism.

• Members

This and you know that they will be getting them back and showing no mercy... bit like we should.

When it comes to terrorists screw PC, do what you have to to wipe them off the earth.

I completely agree, its a losing battle unless they use similar extreme force

• Members

the only way to fight terrorism is to ignore it and let secret services do their job.

Everybody should accept that a few hundred people will die each year because of acts of terrorism. That is a very small price to pay knowing that thousands of people die every year in car accidents.

Sorry, but ignoring it isn't going to make the problem go away. . . ever.

How about we humans putting aside all of our differences and helping out each other?

I know. . . it's a silly dream. . . :cry:

• Members

Unfortunately its a double-edged sword. Of the hundreds of thousands killed in Chechnya, how many were innocent civilians, who didn't lift one finger to be part of any uprising or rebellion? Quite a lot I would imagine. 'Collateral damage' isn't such a big deal to Russia.

And its the families of those killed innocents that turn to terrorism.

FWIW, I'm all for pulling out all the stops and saying "{censored} YOU" to anyone who insists we fight a politically-correct war, kicking out the embedded reporters and dropping MOABs on any mosque, school or apartment building the terrorists use to hide themselves in. You can NEVER WIN a "politically-correct" war, that's not how wars are won, they're won by causing so much sheer destruction that your enemy has no choice but to agree to your terms. Hell, I'm all for pulling our troops out of every hot zone until they're actually given the permission to WIN.

The difference being that the guy I was responding to was claiming that the civilians "deserved it" because of their fascist government. They don't "deserve it" any more than the peaceful Islamic people deserve what their fascist fanatic governments bring down on them. I'm damn sick of us not being able to play by the same rules as the terrorists, though. If we're going to send troops into harm's way, they never need to leave our shores unless their mission is to WIN, something they will never be able to accomplish under the current asinine rules of engagement.

Also, why do we show sympathy to civilian casualties when they occur at the hands of the terrorists, then show ridiculous, hypocritical righteous indignation the moment any one of our troops so much as punches a captured Islamic extremist murderer? Double standard much? :facepalm:

• Members

Its never a good thing when innocent people die, even in war.

Why do terrorist go after the innocents ? You would think they would go after the people in charge.

It's in the guerilla handbook, go for maximum casualties at a minimum cost. Hitting soft targets like a subway station or market or theater is the simplest way to kill scores of people. Going after a gov't building, or an army convoy when you are out gunned isn't very effective.

• Members

Uhm, Russia is reaping what they've sown there if it is the Chechen's attacking Russia. :poke:

From the denying democratic elections to rabidly pro-Russia puppet leaders injected as chosen governors to the remains of Grozny to the continued attacks of the Russian forces that indiscriminately attacked anything, Russia is reaping a bitter harvest to keep a country of less than 1.5 million people under its iron wing.

If they could get to the folks responsible, the Chechen fighters are pretty brazen... sadly for the world the demons in human skin like Vlad the Impaler Putin aren't able to be reached but love to reach out to destroy.

Folks need to open their eyes to see the real world.

Derek

• Members

FWIW, I'm all for pulling out all the stops and saying "{censored} YOU" to anyone who insists we fight a politically-correct war, kicking out the embedded reporters and dropping MOABs on any mosque, school or apartment building the terrorists use to hide themselves in. You can NEVER WIN a "politically-correct" war, that's not how wars are won, they're won by causing so much sheer destruction that your enemy has no choice but to agree to your terms. Hell, I'm all for pulling our troops out of
every
hot zone until they're actually given the permission to WIN.

The difference being that the guy I was responding to was claiming that the civilians "deserved it" because of their fascist government. They don't "deserve it" any more than the peaceful Islamic people deserve what their fascist fanatic governments bring down on them. I'm damn sick of us not being able to play by the same rules as the terrorists, though. If we're going to send troops into harm's way, they never need to leave our shores unless their mission is to WIN, something they will never be able to accomplish under the current asinine rules of engagement.

Also, why do we show sympathy to civilian casualties when they occur at the hands of the terrorists, then show ridiculous, hypocritical righteous indignation the moment any one of our troops so much as punches a captured Islamic extremist murderer? Double standard much?
:facepalm:

:thu:

• Members

What is your take on it?

we've had theses terrorist attacks a couple of times before. And the way the government behaves/takes action - shows who the real puppet masters are. You don't even have to know someone from the government or the intelligence or the special forces (I do, btw). Just sit back and watch what they do about it- it's pretty obvious.

"Think for yourself. Question Authority" © Leary

The first assumingly Chechen terrorist attacks in Moscow and several other cities paved the way for the bloodshedding war in Chechnia and enormous amounts of financial laundering (am I using the term correctly?)... money, oil..

Just like the 9/11 paved the way for the Bush administration to pull the trigger on Afghanistan, Iraq.. and to conduct more financial laundering. Guess what.. money and oil!

They didn't settle {censored} in Chechnia - some of those true terrorists, hired by the arabs hired by the ... , who murdered thousands of people are living prosperous lives right in the {censored}ing center of Moscow.

They didn't find Osama (Bush's family's friend and business partner, btw) in Afghanistan, they never found any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Laden's enjoying a nice mojito at the pool near his penthouse somewhere in Beverly Hills right now.

The people of this planet are zombified with religious hatred - an awesome way for easy manipulation.

• Members

we've had theses terrorist attacks a couple of times before. And the way the government behaves/takes action - shows who the real puppet masters are. You don't even have to know someone from the government or the intelligence or the special forces (I do, btw). Just sit back and watch what they do about it- it's pretty obvious.

"Think for yourself. Question Authority" (c) Leary

The first assumingly Chechen terrorist attacks in Moscow and several other cities paved the way for the bloodshedding war in Chechnia and enormous amounts of financial laundering (am I using the term correctly?)... money, oil..

Just like the 9/11 paved the way for the Bush administration to pull the trigger on Afghanistan, Iraq.. and to conduct more financial laundering. Guess what.. money and oil!

They didn't settle {censored} in Chechnia - some of those true terrorists, hired by the arabs hired by the ... , who murdered thousands of people are living prosperous lives right in the {censored}ing center of Moscow.

They didn't find Osama (Bush's family's friend and business partner, btw) in Afghanistan, they never found any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Laden's enjoying a nice mojito at the pool near his penthouse somewhere in Beverly Hills right now.

The people of this planet are zombified with religious hatred - an awesome way for easy manipulation.

Thanks ::fred:: for your take on this. You're likely right on the mark.

• Members

"Think for yourself. Question Authority" (c) Leary

Given that analysis, what do you make of this recent attack?

• Members

Sad...

Chechenya suffered so much... So much atrocities commited in that country by the Russian army. No reporters allowed and those who talked about it have been shot (I think the number of reporters assassinated in Russia is over 100).

Those terrorist scum must die but the suffering of the population down there is atrocious... Putin is a bad mofo...

Archived