I have SEVERE JCM800 gas!!!!

guitarbilly74

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its probably about time you ask your self "What am I doing?"

This.

You have just got your self sorted, save some money the next down turn is just around the corner, you might be ok but save some cash for now you dont need the amp that much but you need to make sure you and your son are OK... sorry for the sensible answer.

• Members
This.

You have just got your self sorted, save some money the next down turn is just around the corner, you might be ok but save some cash for now you dont need the amp that much but you need to make sure you and your son are OK... sorry for the sensible answer.

oh I know.. that's why I trade stuff so much, so I don't have to keep dumping a lot cash on gear. This would be no different. :)

• Members

I have a DSL, and like you, I was boosting the green crunch. Then I got a 1973 100 watt NMV JMP with a mv modded in sometime in the 80s....

Haven't played my DSL in a while. Not even a comparison. The JMP is much more ballsy and present and thick and raunchy...

• Members
If you find a stright trade for one then go for it.

Otherwise I wouldn't spend the money, while they don't sound that similar (using a 2210 as mybenchmark here) they also don't sound THAT different.

2210 and 2203 are pretty different amps.

Not sure if Billy was referring to the 2203, but I just kind of assumed :facepalm:

• Members

I have been though all these amps and a JVM as well. They are all gone expect the 1981 2203. I just keep going back to it.

DCP_1342.jpg

:love::love::love:
DCP_0110.jpg

FYI, because everyone asks. The extra knob and input do nothing. they used control an annoying reverb unit someone installed. I had that ripped out ASAP

• Members

I just traded my JCM800 ....

It had Mercury Magnetics power and output transformers, Nos Siemens EL34's, and some work done by Dave Freedman. It was the loudest, most ballsiest head in the world. I rocked it for 5 years, at least 100 gigs and one day after a show a guy walks and said I have to have that head.

He offered me his Bogner Uber for it...

I took it :facepalm:

Archived