I recently lost a lot of my E-Peen....

Chrisjd

• Members

Lolz. Who cares about what amp you own enough for it to effect your 'e-peen'? Just play your guitar.

Next up is 'who even cares about e-peen'...

If you actually think I seriously am worried or concerned about my "e-peen", well.....

• Members

oh yeah? What do you think?

I've had it for over a month now. I've been totally and utterly gas-less for any amp ever since (and for the first time), which IMO says something considering I've been through 20 high gainers in the past 2 years, including the Herbert.

I was dumb enough to get him to mod it for more gain and compression (I asked Dave to make 10 o clock on the gain sound and feel like 2 o clock on the stock K2 model), but I figure it's better to have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much :p Love it. I love every bit of it. The midrange grind, the top end bite, the low mid thickness, the present but smooth upper mids, the SUPER saturated gain..it's {censored}in rape.

With the TF in the loop, it's seriously the best lead tone I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

• Members
I've had it for over a month now. I've been totally and utterly gas-less for any amp ever since (and for the first time), which IMO says something considering I've been through 20 high gainers in the past year, including the Herbert.

I was dumb enough to get him to mod it for more gain and compression (I asked Dave to make 10 o clock on the gain sound and feel like 2 o clock on the stock K2 model), but I figure it's better to have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much
:p
Love it. I love every bit of it. The midrange grind, the top end bite, the low mid thickness, the present but smooth upper mids, the SUPER saturated gain..it's {censored}in rape.

With the TF in the loop, it's seriously the best lead tone I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Sweet man.

Are you liking it more than your Herbert? Be honest....

• Members

Sweet man.

Are you liking it more than your Herbert? Be honest....

lol..Yes...BUT, that's because I only really play with a handful of super high gain tones (not really a clean or mid gain guy), and IMO this baron that just a bit better for MY tastes (I like the top end and midrange better, smoother and more barky but still super open and massive souding), at a fraction of the cost. My baron is just a single channel high gainer with enough gain for Gojira at 9 o clock, so I can't really consider it viable from a versatility standpoint (which the Herbert is able to cover), though with the right pickups and use of the volume knob, you can get very usable mid gain hard rock tones.

Archived