NPAD ADA MP-1

newmaxnew

• Members

I broke down and bought an ADA MP-1 from ebay. After hearing lots of clips and lots of good reviews I decided that I had to have one.

I don't think I will do any of the mods except for the noise reduction mod.

I have way to much gear but I can't seem to stop myself from buying stuff like this.

Max

• Members

Once you start getting bored with it stock, get the 3TM mod for it. Take it from someone who owns/owned alot of the boutique preamps(Fish,3+,X99 etc.), an MP1 with the 3TM mod will hold its own against any of them.

• Members

Get your dirty sounds from cranking the tube clean voicing. Well, I prefer it anyway. It can get pretty fizzy otherwise.

+1

I recently discovered this after owning mine for 20 years.

Boost the Tube Clean channel with a Bad Monkey or Tube screamer type.

It's like a whole new preamp.

On the OD Mode, I always have ran the treble at -2 and boosted the presence to get rid of the Fizz.

• Members

I dug my MP-1 up from the basement recently and am having fun with it as well. I've been trying to put together a nice bedroom/livingroom '80's setup, and it's turned out to be a great base.

I've been plowing through the pre-sets, and there's a lot of usable tones in there. It's true that it's primarily known for it's hot rodded Marshall tones, but like others have said - the clean tube channel is maybe the most interesting.

I'll be running MP-1 > G-Major2 > two low watt tube combos. Once it's together, I think it will be a righteous yet nieghbor friendly setup.

Archived