AxeFX.

NixerX

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll be getting one in a month or so depending on how the gig schedule pans out but I doubt I'll get the ultra. I don't know if I NEED it or not. I've yet to see compelling evidence that I need to blow $500 on more storage space when I'm only going to be using it with the software in my studio.

• Members

I'll be getting one in a month or so depending on how the gig schedule pans out but I doubt I'll get the ultra. I don't know if I NEED it or not. I've yet to see compelling evidence that I need to blow $500 on more storage space when I'm only going to be using it with the software in my studio.

Everyone who says that wishes the got the Ultra eventually and really after 1500 whats another 500?

Id like to say that im only gonna use it for recording but that might be a lie if the live sounds are where its at.

• Members

Honestly I would get the standard first. They have such a high resale value, you can just upgrade later if you need to.

Also if you are going to be only using it with software in the studio you might want to wait for the Axe-PC. I believe it is going to be around 1000 but have everything that the Ultra has.

• Members

NIIIICE clip dude.

How dose it feel as far as its ampy-ness

Thanks man. That was recorded direct using a stock preset and a Redwirez cab IR.

As far as amp feel, it feels very much like the amps that are being modeled to me...

The Axe is an indispensible tool for me, especially for late night recording. The effects alone are worth it to me to run with my real amps...

Steve

• Members

Niner the Axe is definitely WIN. Don't let the tool haters tell you otherwise. I know your style and what amps you've had......you'll love it.......I also own no amps now......I had 3 heads ENGL, RM 50, Vetta II......do I miss them at all? NOPE. I didn't have to sell them.....they collected dust....my post axefx obsession is now guitars.......no want for amps......

• Members

The Standard has given me all that I need........tons of effects available.....

Archived