What are some must have games to a new ps3 owner?

johnkline

• Members
How much of it did you actually play? Its vastly better than the first one in pretty much every way
:confused:

Dunno, not that much. I played it from the start for a bit and found it a bit boring. Then I was back at his house maybe a week later and played it again after he'd gotten a fair bit further into it. Maybe it's not as retardedly straight foward and repetitive as the first one, but I still thought it wasn't really much better. :idk:

• Members

Assassins Creed 2... I don't get what the big deal is. Everyone craps on about how it's what the first one should have been. I finally played it a few weeks ago and to me it seemed pretty much the same, just with more ridiculous accents.
:idk:

It's a {censored}load better than AC1 in every way. It does have a few flaws, like being able to easily earn way more money than you can spend but otherwise it's lots of fun with a decent storyline.

• Members

Assassins Creed 2... I don't get what the big deal is. Everyone craps on about how it's what the first one should have been. I finally played it a few weeks ago and to me it seemed pretty much the same, just with more ridiculous accents.
:idk:

AC2 is incredible. I have it for Xbox360 and it's probably the best game I've ever played on that playform. You can't just play it for a little bit and get what the game is about. You have to put real time into it. It has that feel of adventure that very few games can pull off.

• Members

Good choice. The PS3 is by far the best console out there and just keeps getting better. Its the only true next gen system (GOW3 is proof of that).

I also own the 360 but the few true exclusives its has, although good, dont bring the pain like GOW3, Killzone, Uncharted, Flower, etc.

Hell even the second tier exclusives like Resistance, Ratchet, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Valkyria, Demons Souls, etc look and play better than most multiplat or 360 exclusives.

• Members

Good choice. The PS3 is by far the best console out there and just keeps getting better. Its the only true next gen system (GOW3 is proof of that).

I also own the 360 but the few true exclusives its has, although good, dont bring the pain like GOW3, Killzone, Uncharted, Flower, etc.

Hell even the second tier exclusives like Resistance, Ratchet, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Valkyria, Demons Souls, etc look and play better than most multiplat or 360 exclusives.

What sucks though is that developers somehow can't seem to be able to get some of the non-exclusive games running even at proper 720p resolution. The exclusives look great and are mostly very good games, but surely the non-exclusives could be taken to similar levels when it comes to graphics etc.

Might be the curse of multiplatform {censored}.

• Members

What sucks though is that developers somehow can't seem to be able to get some of the non-exclusive games running even at proper 720p resolution. The exclusives look great and are mostly very good games, but surely the non-exclusives could be taken to similar levels when it comes to graphics etc.

Might be the curse of multiplatform {censored}.

Well just be glad the games are on PS3 period since they are mostly developed on 360 first.

And this is the reason Sony keeps investing in their own internal dvelopment studios. In the end for every 5 average multiplat games, Sony gives us 1 exclusive that blows them all away.

I honestly dont want to play anymore of God of war 3 cuz the first board alone ruins every other game in the genre.

As a multi console owner, I really dont like what has happened this gen with third party games. Back in the day each system had its own exclusive games by Capcom, Konami, etc. Each game was tailor made for its system which in the end benefitted all gamers. I want my games to be unique and to push whichever console their made for.

• Members
Well just be glad the games are on PS3 period since they are mostly developed on 360 first.

And this is the reason Sony keeps investing in their own internal dvelopment studios. In the end for every 5 average multiplat games, Sony gives us 1 exclusive that blows them all away.

I honestly dont want to play anymore of God of war 3 cuz the first board alone ruins every other game in the genre.

As a multi console owner, I really dont like what has happened this gen with third party games. Back in the day each system had its own exclusive games by Capcom, Konami, etc. Each game was tailor made for its system which in the end benefitted all gamers. I want my games to be unique and to push whichever console their made for.

The first board on GoW3 IS awesome. But imo, it's rivaled, in the same game, no less, by the Cronos boss fight. I was laughing like Butthead the whole time. :lol:

• Members

I own a PS3 only but I disagree with that statement by a long margin. The Xbox 360 has some killer exclusives that play and look incredible. GOW3, Uncharted 2, etc.. are awesome games but games like Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, the Halo games, Gears of War games, Splinter Cell games, etc.. rival those games easily IMO.

Add in the fact that Xbox 360 has the better online (even if you have to pay) and that most cross platform games usually look better on the Xbox 360 (which is a majority of the games anyway) and it's hard to say the PS3 is BY FAR THE BEST console.

Both have their strengths and IMO buying either or both is a good choice.

• Members

I own a PS3 only but I disagree with that statement by a long margin. The Xbox 360 has some killer exclusives that play and look incredible. GOW3, Uncharted 2, etc.. are awesome games but games like Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, the Halo games, Gears of War games, Splinter Cell games, etc.. rival those games easily IMO.

Add in the fact that Xbox 360 has the better online (even if you have to pay) and that most cross platform games usually look better on the Xbox 360 (which is a majority of the games anyway) and it's hard to say the PS3 is BY FAR THE BEST console.

Both have their strengths and IMO buying either or both is a good choice.

I dunno. The only fresh IP you mentioned is Alan Wake and even that game is derivative as hell. Gears and Halo are great but they are getting long in the tooth IMO.

• Members

Uncharted 2 is the best action game I have ever played. Best single-player, best multiplayer, best story, most ridiculous action scenes (except for God of War III), best control - it's {censored}ing perfect.

• Members

Anyone up for PS3 game swap in this thread?

I have:

Clive Barkeyrs Undying
Ghostbusters

Looking for racing games. I have the Motorstorm that came with the original PS3s. And fair play, it friken rocks.

• Members

Uncharted 2 is the best action game I have ever played. Best single-player, best multiplayer, best story, most ridiculous action scenes (except for God of War III), best control - it's {censored}ing perfect.

The only part of that game that aggravated me was that really tough sumbitch at the end of the train stage. I could never get the timing right to knock the {censored}er on his ass.

Archived