Top 3 Favorite Death Metal Albums.

Chrisjd

• Members
Them's your opinion.

Everyone has one of those.

yes IM aware we have assholes.. Im not sure why its hard to call it how it is, though.. I really dont care and was just having a little fun last night, but there was a pretty big difference in sound from a lot of bands going in to the mid-90's.. When a band strips off the defining characteristics of the genre, then they arent playing in the genre anymore. As dumb as classifying is, its there to argue about anyway..:lol:. And thats what Sheik fails to realize.. Just like people talk about whats rock or not.. Is it the dirty garage sound, or polished crap on the radio today..? In the end if you like it, then by all means.. Doesnt mean I cant call you a fag either!!

Anyway, to me...

Sounds and feels like Death metal.. And notice the Inverted cross for the T..
[YOUTUBE]rhYk3GEWE-I&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Doesnt feel like Death metal to me, even though I love the drums and drum sound on this album.. Also notice the lame "plus sign" used for a T.. This proves it, its not Death Metal.. And yes Im aware he started moving the cross on the T higher on the Human album, but by this album it is almost a T.. WTF!! haahshahsha
[YOUTUBE]8UUQXeNnIlE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Even though nobody brought up Napalm's change besides me.. An example of the times..

This= {censored}ing {censored} yeah!!!

[YOUTUBE]kbUl34e5hvY[/YOUTUBE]

This= {censored}ing {censored} NO!

[YOUTUBE]x0QKBEtnCK4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So you would cry sandy vag at the backlash of Dream Theater fans also, should you march into one of their threads?

I HOPE YOU LIKE PAIN!

But really though. Symbolic and TSoP aren't death metal. Nothing militant about stating it... it's just true. Any actual death metal fan is privy to this, not some minority of close minded metal zealots.

Of course I would. Oh, and I don't really recognize anyone's "owning" of a thread, either. That's about as {censored}ing ridiculous as moaning about miniscule stylistic differences, although I'll admit, I can't even begin to imagine how Cynic could ever be construed as death metal. The militance, btw, lies in the fervor with which one states their point and the insignificance of the differences in question.

Remember, sandy vag-es do not discriminate. :o

• Members
Doesnt mean I cant call you a fag either!!

As long as you call me, :love:.

You may have noticed in my other post that Symbolic was what got me into death metal in the first place, so, for me (as in, opinion), that album is the touchstone of what "deathmetal" is.

I didn't even know any of the brutal stuff till much later (stuff like Nile, Aborted), and while I like that stuff and consider it death metal too, I also realise that it sounds completely different from what Death was doing with "Symbolic".

• Members

I can't even begin to imagine how Cynic could ever be construed as death metal.

Members of Death (for the purposes of this post being considered Death Metal) form new band with awesome music, heavy technical guitars, and some growls, thus Death Metal.

But yeah, the metal genres. "Hyperspeed melodic death metal" -> actual genre description on a T-shirt of a band I once played in. Jazz metal, black metal, heavy metal, power metal with corresponding totally different interpretation depending on whether you are American (Pantera) or European (Hammerfall / Manowar).

• Members
Who "can't stand the heat"?! Hell, I wasn't even
complaining
about it, just remarking about how {censored}ing completely hilarious it is watching people argue about how many bpm the blast beats have to be and what percentage of the lyrical content has to be about Satan's nutsack for a band to qualify as "death metal"!
:lol:

:lol::lol:

:thu:

Yup. Its all music. Its a little odd to argue about how to categorise bands when we could, far more legimately, and dare I say it, meaningfully discuss the actual bands.

The lines between sub-genres are, always have been and always will be blurred. If someone were trying to say that paramore were death metal then fine, but so long as its clearly part of the genre or a close relation, cant we all just hate the bands for what they sound like instead of our subjective sub-culturally incestuous pseudo determinations of what to call them?

Wouldnt that be a nice world? Where we can hate things reasons that can be substantiated by reference to their nature and content, rather than because "they _insert pejorative_" or "they arent _insert sub genre"?

It would be a peacefull world of fruitfull discussion and dscourse, with bunnies and flowers and much dancing and merriment and clearly not metal, so {censored} it then, as you were.

• Members
Oh, {censored}ing sweet sanctimony, SPARE me, Sandy.
:facepalm:

C'mon, man, REALLY? You honestly don't find it the least bit ridiculous and silly when people actually start getting all militantly punctilious and arguing the minutiae between VERY closely related sub-sub-genres? Or is it just "douchey" to point out anything that could be construed as negative about death metal (although seeing as you failed utterly to grasp the actual point of my comment, which was to poke fun at the people doing the arguing as opposed to the actual musical genre, I suppose I must spell it out for you here), when you have displayed few if any compunctions about doing so yourself in the past?

Pheeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwww...

Rofl, this.

I can't help but lol really hard at guys like Unstrung who are self-proclaimed death metalolgists.

No one actually cares and in the big picture even BODOM IS DEATH METAL.

Plzdntcry

• Members
I can't even begin to imagine how Cynic could ever be construed as death metal.

The militance, btw, lies in the fervor with which one states their point and the insignificance of the differences in question.

Of course you dont know how Cynic could be considered Death metal.. You haven't a clue..:thu:

[YOUTUBE]pKWVQO7rpDQ[/YOUTUBE]

And there is no militant attitude of genre defining in this thread.. Its the difference in calling early Metallica metal, and Load/reload era hard rock.. Its a noticable change.. It may not matter and its a bit silly, but so is making my wife lick my ass, but its still fun...

• Members

I've tried hard to come up with a top 3 but it leaves out so many good bands. For example I don't think any Morbid Angel record would make it into a top 5 for me, but they are an awesome band with some awesome material, they've just never put together a consistently awesome album IMO.

Top DM record (though not a true "album") will always be Despise the Sun for me. Excellent songs, excellent production, Suffo's pinnacle.

I've got to put a Nile record up there... I would go with In Their Darkened Shrines if I had to pick one.

For the last one, I don't know... I want to say old Corpse (Butchered, Tomb, Bleeding)... the aforementioned records by Decapitated, Deeds of Flesh, and Behemoth are good choices too. If I thought Blackwater Park was a death metal record I'd put it up there, but I don't.

I'll go against the grain and say Pyaemia - Cerebral Cereal as my last pick.

• Members

Lulz...

This thread is filling up with noobs. :p

Thread title is 'favorite death metal albums', so it is perfectly justified for us to draw the line at what does and doesn't (Bodom, lol) qualify. No one is talking 'sub-sub-sub genres', the debate is death metal, a broad and specific genre. So spare us the 'can't we just talk about music for the sake of music, bands for the sake of bands'?

No, not in this thread.

I can't help but lol really hard at guys like Unstrung who are self-proclaimed death metalolgists.

And I lol hard at guys who go on diets and take up the acoustic when they meet a pretty girl. Bang! :lol:

• Members
If its broad, its diverse, if its diverse its not specific.

I'm afraid I don't agree!

Anyway I haven't slept much the past few days and I am cranky. This thread is bringing out the bad in me, so I am out.

Sorry about the bad vibes... n00bs. :wave::cop:

• Members
Lulz...

This thread is filling up with noobs.
:p

Thread title is 'favorite death metal albums', so it is perfectly justified for us to draw the line at what does and doesn't (Bodom, lol) qualify. No one is talking 'sub-sub-sub genres', the debate is death metal, a broad and specific genre. So spare us the 'can't we just talk about music for the sake of music, bands for the sake of bands'?

No, not in this thread.

And I lol hard at guys who go on diets and take up the acoustic when they meet a pretty girl. Bang!

Don't get too angry. You'll rot your dreads.

I was dieting since before New Years and I met my GF early March.

Acoustic is {censored}ing epic.

• Members
Lulz...

This thread is filling up with noobs.
:p

No, not in this thread.

And I lol hard at guys who go on diets and take up the acoustic when they meet a pretty girl. Bang!

You're perfectly free to let your labia get as inflamed as you damn well please about perceived transgressions to "TR00 D34TH M3T4LZ" and argue with one another about what does and doesn't fall into this sub-genre or that until the cows come home, knock yourself out. So long as you realize that I'm just as free to point my finger at you and laugh my {censored}ing ass off at your silly ass about it! :p

• Members
Don't get too angry. You'll rot your dreads.

They surely will rot if I don't stop partying and start sleeping regularly. :o

Now if you want to talk about anger, need I remind you that you brought me up before I'd even found this thread? :cop:

• Members
Oh, {censored}ing sweet sanctimony, SPARE me, Sandy.
:facepalm:

C'mon, man, REALLY? You honestly don't find it the least bit ridiculous and silly when people actually start getting all militantly punctilious and arguing the minutiae between VERY closely related sub-sub-genres? Or is it just "douchey" to point out anything that could be construed as negative about death metal (although seeing as you failed utterly to grasp the actual point of my comment, which was to poke fun at the people doing the arguing as opposed to the actual musical genre, I suppose I must spell it out for you here), when you have displayed few if any compunctions about doing so yourself in the past?

Pheeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwww...

And you accuse me of being touchy :lol:

Archived