Anybody have any experiences with DUI's? Advice?

mike moriarty

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Typically the police just don't pull someone over or give a sobriety test at a check point for no reason. Either you were swerving or smelled alcohol at a checkpoint. Walking a straight line, reciting the alphabet and counting backwards from 100 is something that any 5th grader can accomplish. Driving tired has been proven to be as deadly as driving drunk, but as appearantly juiced as you were at the police I would imagine that there was enough adrenaline flowing in you to not be tired to fail a 2nd field test. Even if you failed the breathelizer a good lawyer can
try to
discredit the results usually by arguing the validity of the calibration.

Fixed.

• Members
Because those tests are not 100% reliable and I wanted nothing at all that could possibly jeopardize my job.

Hello moron! Welcome to consequences! :facepalm: Your DUI conviction is pretty much assured. In absence of a passed breathalyzer, your two failed field sobriety tests (both on film), not to mention your cursing tirade and belligerence (also on film) are enough to do you in should a jury see it. Add that to the FIVE officers who saw it, and YOU ARE {censored}ED.

If you hadn't been drinking, you should have blown.

• Members

Don't they do a blood test if you fail/refuse the breathalyzer?

Most states only issue blood alcohol tests for suspected drunk drivers who refuse breathalyzer tests in cases involving severe injury or death. Since it is not an easy process, it's not something they do routinely.

Archived