Anybody have any experiences with DUI's? Advice?

mike moriarty

• Members

So I got pulled over the other night for drinking and driving. They took me out of the car and performed a sobriety test, which I failed pretty badly. After the sobriety test they asked me to take a Breathalyzer test, which I refused. After I refused it I was immediately arrested, spent the night in jail and got my license suspended for 6 months (for refusing the Breathalyzer).

After we got to the station I was pretty irate (swearing, attitude etc.), which is all on tape apparently, along with another sobriety test, again, failed pretty badly.

In fear of losing my job for having a criminal record I intend to fight it, although Im pretty sure Im {censored}ed. This lawyer is going to cost around 5 grand, which may or may not be a complete waste of money, Im probably going to lose my job, and I have no {censored}ing license.

Just wondering if anybody whos been through a similar experience has any tips, advice, etc. Should I even bother fighting it?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasnt drunk you {censored}ing {censored}. I had just woken up, got in a fight with a girl Im seeing and was completely {censored}ing pissed. It was 4 in the morning. I did not fail the sobriety test because I was drunk, I failed it because I was tired and those {censored}ing tests are hard....sober or not.

• Members

THEN WHY'D YOU FAIL THE SOBRIETY TEST AND REFUSE THE BREATHALYZER?!

You would've said the same thing I said, moodafooka. If you WERE drunk, then, you deserve every bit of punishment. If you really WEREN'T, then, you'd better have a damn good reason to present to your lawyer pertaining to why you failed the sobriety test and refused the breathalyzer.

• Members

You didn't think that refusing the test would've made things worse, after you just failed a sobriety test?

I wasnt thinking very clearly. Like I said it was the middle of the night, I was completely pissed due to the fight with this girl and being harassed by five police officers. I was not aware that refusing a Breathalyzer test would result in an automatic suspension of my license, which should have been made clear to me by the cops. If I had known that I would have taken the test.

• Members

I wasnt thinking very clearly. Like I said it was the middle of the night, I was completely pissed due to the fight with this girl and being harassed by five police officers. I was not aware that refusing a Breathalyzer test would result in an automatic suspension of my license, which should have been made clear to me by the cops. If I had known that I would have taken the test.

Can you get an affidavit from the girl stating that you were just with her and you hadn't been drinking? THat might help your case.

• Members

I have my job until Im found guilty
:wave:

Taking a breathalyzer after not having had a single drink is more risky than the situation you're in now? :confused:

If you weren't drunk, were you perchance intoxicated on some other substance besides alcohol?

Archived