My Boogie Mark IV headshell build thread

Rydock

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I just assembled the amp for tonight. Should be tolexed by this weekend.

It kind of looks really nice with the black paint. Reminds me of those black Boogies with wheat grilles. This is seriously making me debate on going black instead of white as I had originally planned. The white tolex is already bought, so I shouldn't really change my mind, but I maybe consider doing a wheat grille seeing how good the naked wood faceplate looks.

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Here is the cooling fan in it's cutout. I gave it 1/2" of space from the bottom to draw air.

DSC_0061.jpg

Rear pic. Power tubes taken out. Better view of the fan mount. You can see the gap I left for the support beams, just like the original mark headshells.

DSC_0067.jpg

• Members

Please put the Boogie logo in the correct spot. Thanks!

I thought it would look cool in the middle, so I wanted to see how it looked like in real life. I'll definitely try to mount it in the "correct spot" to see which way I like better. So far, it works really well for the matchless style headshell then it would with a fender style headshell.

• Members

Guys I need help with wrapping the "control cutout" on the top part of the headshell. Would applying heat with a blow dryer help mold it in the cutout? Or is there a special way to cut the tolex so that it fits together? Any help would be appreciated thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks!
:thu:

Do you guys think the faceplate is too deep into the headshell? (refer to second last pic) Or should I have made it so that the black piping was almost flush with the front of the shell?

I think you're overthinking it. You did a great job by the looks of it. Just rock the {censored}er!:thu:

• Members

I think you're overthinking it. You did a great job by the looks of it. Just rock the {censored}er!
:thu:

This, it looks killer so don't worry about it, now it's time for you to strut your build around an brag about how much better it looks and sounds than other peoples maps :cops:

Archived