My Boogie Mark IV headshell build thread

Rydock

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks everybody!! :love:

Looks cool - nice job. The only thing that would bother me is the front top corners - I'd have had it so the headshell matched the angle of the control panel, but that's just minor nit-picking.
:thu:

Yeah it's a bit odd looking because of the slanted panel, but I think it looks pretty unique. :thu:

• Members

can you make me one for my mrak IV in white but with a slanted front?

Yeah this seems possible. I think a slanted front would be a little easier to tolex. If I would do another one, I know exactly what I'd do differently to make it a lot better. How much would you be willing to spend? And is your mark the short head?

• Members

Yeah this seems possible. I think a slanted front would be a little easier to tolex. If I would do another one, I know exactly what I'd do differently to make it a lot better. How much would you be willing to spend? And is your mark the short head?

it's the short head. I have no idea on how much it would cost to do something like this. Let me know what you would charge and I'll tell you if I can do it or not. :D

• Members

Hm well lets see.

Will you be needing a cut-out for your reverb tank? I didn't bother installing the reverb on mine, so I didn't bother making the whole on the bottom.

How would you want your grill to look like? I made mine look like a marshall with the carve on one side and black piping, but I could make it look like a stock mark grill if you wanted.

What kind of amp handle would you like? I used the 'dog bone' style handle, but if you'd rather use a different handle, let me know.

Also, does your cooling fan look like mine, or is it a different size?

If you send me some pics of your current amp, it would help. I'll try to pm you a price to see if you agree or not.

• Members

Looks pretty good, but I'm not gonna sugar coat this. The front of the head shell should have been slanted rather than have that cutout. You obviously had a real hard time getting the tolex cut around the edges of the cutout, and evidently gave up. It's a shame really, because other than that it looks like you did a great job. Another reason I would not have done that the same way is the accessibility of the far left knob. Looks like it would be hard to get in there to adjust that knob easily. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but there it is.

• Members

Hm well lets see.

Will you be needing a cut-out for your reverb tank? I didn't bother installing the reverb on mine, so I didn't bother making the whole on the bottom.

How would you want your grill to look like? I made mine look like a marshall with the carve on one side and black piping, but I could make it look like a stock mark grill if you wanted.

What kind of amp handle would you like? I used the 'dog bone' style handle, but if you'd rather use a different handle, let me know.

Also, does your cooling fan look like mine, or is it a different size?

If you send me some pics of your current amp, it would help. I'll try to pm you a price to see if you agree or not.

fan is the same as yours, don't need the reverb tank. do the mark iv's even need the fan? seriously? I've always wondered that since my first mark I.

• Members

fan is the same as yours, don't need the reverb tank. do the mark iv's even need the fan? seriously? I've always wondered that since my first mark I.

Yeah I wondered this too, but I read somewhere that apparently without the fan, the mark iv will get too hot and will eventually break down the electronics or something.

Archived