Ceriatone: Good tone but lacks overall quality

ourdarkestdays

• Members

Ive played a couple ceriatones and they all sound really good. But from what ive been hearing they lack over all quality. So they have good tone but a crappy build. I hear that the wiring is bad and that they arent to reliable. Thats kind of a bummer, but I guess for the price you pay you cant expect to much. So should you buy one or save up for something with a better build or just save up for one of the amps they are actually cloning.

• Members

:facepalm:
you
can
visit the
site
an look for yourself

ceriatone.jpg

I know what it looks like on the site. Whats it look like when it gets to the states. And who would put a bad pic on their site. Im not discrediting Ceriatone, i think they have great products im just wondering why other people would say this stuff.

• Members

I have never, ever heard anywhere of somebody criticizing build quality if Nik has put together the amp.

If there's a problem with the way it's put together, it's because somebody ordered it as a kit and didn't know WTF they were doing. It has nothing to do with Ceriatone.

Yea see you probably just answered my question. Thank you. :) That explains alot.

• Members

As soon as you said "I've been hearing"...I lost interest. Sorry about my ADD.

You can "hear" any amount of anything. There's rarely a 100% consuses on toast....let alone amps.

So...just use what sounds good to your ears...and keep up with it's maintainence.

• Members

As soon as you said "I've been hearing"...I lost interest. Sorry about my ADD.

You can "hear" any amount of anything. There's rarely a 100% consuses on toast....let alone amps.

So...just use what sounds good to your ears...and keep up with it's maintainence.

Yea i know thats why i was checking. I havent had any trouble with my 18 watter with the EF-86. I was just wondering if I was gonna run into trouble. Its sounds to sweet to go out and its seems pretty sturdy.

• Members

I have never, ever heard anywhere of somebody criticizing build quality if Nik has put together the amp.

If there's a problem with the way it's put together, it's because somebody ordered it as a kit and didn't know WTF they were doing. It has nothing to do with Ceriatone.

+1 on that...Nik's build quality is top notch.

• Members

I've heard some horror stories, including some from a very well known builder of D-Style amps who thanks Ceriatone for all the repair jobs they give him!

Every clip I've heard online sounds great though. It's not enough to make me think twice about my D'Lite, though.

• Members

I've heard some horror stories, including some from a very well known builder of D-Style amps who thanks Ceriatone for all the repair jobs they give him!

Every clip I've heard online sounds great though. It's not enough to make me think twice about my D'Lite, though.

Google 'ceriatone build quality' and try to find something negative. It's not there.

You have to remember that those clone builders are charging 3-4 times what Nik is for what amounts to an equivalent or possibly better product. Of course they're going to badmouth Ceriatone. How else are they going to keep these doctors and lawyers paying $3500 for an amp Nik sells for less than $1000? You'll also notice that they always have anecdotal evidence, never actual pictures of the supposedly shoddy workmanship. Take it with a grain of salt.

• Members

I'm no idiot. I've seen enough Ceriatone gut shots and I don't live under a rock, I see what Ceriatone is doing. Some of them look great, some don't look so good. Some get messed up on barges coming from Indonesia. How much can you expect of this one guy backordered into next year (or whatever it is)?

By the way, said amp builder had so many nice things to say about other directly competing brands, some who were "undercutting" him as well (even though it's stupid to think that all Dumble clones are basically Dumbles are basically Dumbles). But yes I take it for what its worth just like I would take what anyone on an internet forum says for what that's worth.

I don't even want to talk crap about Ceriatone though. There are enough happy customers around the world, the amps sound good and are generally of good quality. You get what you pay for and then some, but don't just think that all these American amp builders are ripping you off for nothing.

• Members

I'm no idiot. I've seen enough Ceriatone gut shots and I don't live under a rock, I see what Ceriatone is doing. Some of them look great, some don't look so good. Some get messed up on barges coming from Indonesia. How much can you expect of this one guy backordered into next year (or whatever it is)?

By the way, said amp builder had so many nice things to say about other directly competing brands, some who were "undercutting" him as well (even though it's stupid to think that all Dumble clones are basically Dumbles are basically Dumbles). But yes I take it for what its worth just like I would take what anyone on an internet forum says for what that's worth.

I don't even want to talk crap about Ceriatone though. There are enough happy customers around the world, the amps sound good and are generally of good quality. You get what you pay for and then some, but don't just think that all these American amp builders are ripping you off for nothing.

Also so a very valid point. But hey guys calm down.

• Members

Google 'ceriatone build quality' and try to find something negative. It's not there.

You have to remember that those clone builders are charging 3-4 times what Nik is for what amounts to an equivalent or possibly better product. Of course they're going to badmouth Ceriatone. How else are they going to keep these doctors and lawyers paying $3500 for an amp Nik sells for less than $1000? You'll also notice that they always have anecdotal evidence, never actual pictures of the supposedly shoddy workmanship. Take it with a grain of salt.

Quoted for high concentrations of truth.

• Members

...im just wondering why other people would say this stuff.

Well, for starters, there are plenty of people who paid a lot more money for pretty much equivalent boutique amps, so I can see how that can easily make some of those people pissed enough to start slandering the cheaper product as an excuse to justify their purchase.

Secondly, it's not "uh-merican" boutique company so for some people it automatically means the products must be {censored} and unreliable.

Believing everything you read from Internet is not always a good thing people a lot of folks present opinions, which are sometimes based on absolutely nothing concrete.

• Members

WHen did all these asswipe TGP pieces of {censored} come from?

Probably a couple displaced builders that can't compete with Nik. I've seen Ceriatone's quality first hand, and it was on par with anything from Fuchs, Carol Ann, Two Rock, etc.

{censored}ing r-tards get pissed off they can't turn their {censored}ty hobby into paying careers. Get over it. No one wants your piece of {censored}, Dumble wanna be hotrodded Bandmaster tones. They're played out, and unoriginal. Cookie cutter blues for losers that never cut it playing rock music.

• Members

Gotta justify that {censored} box somehow. I'd be pissed if I spent $2500 for an amp that can't compete with an old Fender ~40 watter, with a nice dirt pedal. Your amp sucks.

Archived