New Cab Day! White Box 4x12 :love:

Dolf

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doug,

Do you offer a 1x12 cabinet? I would be interested in a 1x12 cab (closed back) depending on whether I get a combo amp or a head on my next amp purchase. If you offer a 1x12, how much would it be unloaded? Thanks.

Cole

Yep, it's $199 unloaded, convertible back. The website isn't ready buy you can sniff it on the Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/WhiteBox-Engineering/119573174740215?ref=sgm

• Members

The cab was more than ok.

That cab {censored}ing kills. Jesus on a whole-wheat cracker, it's like I have a new amp.

Full review in the AM, I think (well...LATER am) but suffice to say:

Room-filling

Huge-sounding

Musical feedback

Wow! Thank you so much. Tell you what, I was nervously awaiting this and now I'm relieved and happy. Thanks Dolf.

• Members

Comparing directly to my buddy's Orange cab w/v30s

Construction seems almost identical (3/4 inch birch all around, including baffle) his cab is a hair deeper, I think.

However, due to the V30s (versus my Governor/Private Jack combo) his cab is noticeably brighter.

Both cabs seem to have some pretty intense projection. I think I was getting a little lost in the mix (our mix is VERY dense. Two guitars tuned to drop C, the loudest drummer on the planet and a bass player who never turns his muff off) due to my need to re-EQ my amp for the new cab but that's user error, not the fault of the equipment.

It could possibly be that the speakers I have in the cab (one or possibly both) are a little too dark in this cab for me but we'll have to see as far as that's concerned.

I'm waiting on my buddy to send me some of the hd video he took of the show. I stupidly (due to the chaos caused by the broken window situation) forgot my HD Flip so I didn't get a single vid :mad:

As soon as I have those, I'll probably drag it all out and do a quick photoshoot down stairs and then post all of the stuff in a new thread.

• Members

Comparing directly to my buddy's Orange cab w/v30s

Construction seems almost identical (3/4 inch birch all around, including baffle)
his cab is a hair deeper
, I think.

Hm the orange should be almost 2 inches deeper. Doug said that the depth of the WB is about 13", whereas the orange is almost 15".

• Members

Dolf -- I'm not sure as I haven't seen it mentioned but if that cab is rear loaded, take two or all four speakers out and front load those bastards; that should solve your problem. BTW, that's if the re-EQ doesn't help you out. If that also doesn't work for you, then you may want to replace two of the speakers.

• Members

Dolf -- I'm not sure as I haven't seen it mentioned but if that cab is rear loaded, take two or all four speakers out and front load those bastards; that should solve your problem. BTW, that's if the re-EQ doesn't help you out. If
that
also doesn't work for you, then you may want to replace two of the speakers.

Thanks, I will take that into advisement.

Archived