Agile now Shipping 9's :eek:

NixerX

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I first started playing on 7's, been playing down tuned(like an 8) for years, although rarely use the F/E string that much anymore just for that extra bump. For example I have 8 songs for my EP i'm working on and only 1 song uses the 8 string and it's only used in one passage.

Nothing wrong with the low F/E IMHO, I don't use it all that much personally tho.

I was thinking of getting an agile 8, but that asshole only lets you order them certain times of the year(custom), so i'll probably just go with novax or conklin although they're pretty pricey, I can order one anytime of the year.

Go to sevenstring.org and check out the dealers section. Roter makes fanned 8s for $1000.

• Members

This is getting stupid. I used to play 7s. I like them but now my baritone is all I need.

a 6 baritone is NOT the same as 7 and i hate when people say its the same. i feel your cheating yourself to play a drop tuned 6, when the 7 allows you to do it with all the proper steps between strings, and not using 70s on a 6 string guitar.

too each their own too.

• Members
Didn't the misaligned fret thing get resolved? I thought that was the only issue
:confused:

im not sure, ive seen some quality instruments come from Adam, so I would still get one. i just ordered a new 8 today, and almost bought his fanned 9 since it is just incredible quality. plus its meants for a low F like an 8 and a high A or G.

i only saw the fret spacing brought up on a few he built though...

• Members
Yeah, especially since the pitch of the lowest three strings is identical to the pitch of the lowest three strings of a standard tuned bass
:cop:

ORLY

With LIGHT bass strings being 100+ gauge and the scale being 35+ I don't see a 90 on a 28.625 inch scale being the same E, it's not. It would flop around like a piece of spaghetti.

There's an octave difference.

I tune to G# on my main 7 and my bass player... is in... G# :idea: 2 octaves below me!

• Members

honestly i think thats a typo. its the same setup and string gauge as a 28.6" scale intrepid 8 but with an extra low .90 string. the description doesnt make sense as it makes it sound like the bottom 3 string are bass strings, which is not the case. Its Tuned C#? i think?

you could also possibly tune this F#-A but thats if you find a string capable of A on a 28.6 scale.

• Members
I tune to G# on my main 7 and my bass player... is in... G#
:idea:
2 octaves below me!

Err... So if a bass' low B on a 5er or 6er is a B0 (i.e. one tone higher than the lowest note on a piano), you're saying your bassist tunes down to, not G#0, but G#-1 (12.98Hz)? :confused:

You do realise that a bass guitar isn't normally TWO octaves below a guitar, but typically only ONE, right? A low E on a bass is an E1, on a guitar it's E2. :idk:

• Members
I haven't even come close to perfecting 6 strings so I've never bothered to move up to more strings.

By that thinking, no one should ever really pick up a 7-string guitar, or a 5 or 6-string bass, or whatever. Who could really claim to have perfected playing the instrument? It's not about mastering it and then wanting to move on to something bigger, it just opens up new possibilities. :idk:

• Members
By that thinking, no one should ever really pick up a 7-string guitar, or a 5 or 6-string bass, or whatever. Who could really claim to have perfected playing the instrument? It's not about mastering it and then wanting to move on to something bigger, it just opens up new possibilities.
:idk:

Dude, don't get all philosophical on me.

• Members
I owned an Agile 8 for over a year before finally deciding it wasn't for me. Literally just too {censored}ing big for me to really play comfortably for any extended period of time, and I disliked the small frets. Pretty well made guitar though.

I'm getting there...

But not for comfort reasons, the neck is fine and only marginally larger than a 5 string bass.

It's that I sit and play it and go "these extra 5 notes are {censored}ing stupid." :lol:

If I do dump it, it will be for a 7 though.

• Members
Retarded. Play a synthesizer if you need that much range.

That being said, if they make this one left handed, it will be the first Agile that I buy:

dowcustom1.jpg

They put that headstock on the 6 string and I'll gas like crazy for it.

Played a 7 for years, never really liked it. Anything below C or C# standard sounds like {censored} to me when I'm playing it. :lol:

For others it works, so I'll just listen to the B/Bb/A/Z/Q players.

• Members
By that thinking, no one should ever really pick up a 7-string guitar, or a 5 or 6-string bass, or whatever. Who could really claim to have perfected playing the instrument? It's not about mastering it and then wanting to move on to something bigger, it just opens up new possibilities.
:idk:

I guess its when someone gets a 7, 8, or 9 string before really nailing down the fundamentals on a 6. They're taking a difficult instrument they aren't even close to getting a good grasp on and making it way more difficult too early.

This is a moot point if someone is uber-dedicated, but the ratio of those people to these types of guitars?

Get the instrument when you're ready for it.

• Members
99.9% of the people who buy this will never explore its full possibilities. What a waste.

{censored}, I'll just concentrate on mastering the 6 string for now...

I think 99.9% of people also never explore a 6-string guitar's full possibilities (myself included). What a waste, yes, indeed!:rolleyes:

• Members
I guess its when someone gets a 7, 8, or 9 string before really nailing down the fundamentals on a 6. They're taking a difficult instrument they aren't even close to getting a good grasp on and making it way more difficult too early.

This is a moot point if someone is uber-dedicated, but the ratio of those people to these types of guitars?

There's nothing more difficult about it, other than it adding a few more notes and expanding the range of each position. :idk:

Besides, not everyone is interesting in "mastering" the instrument anyway. Not everyone has to be, or striving to be a Guthrie Govan to be "legitimately" playing the instrument. Who says extended range instruments are only for those seeking some kind of mastery of the instrument. Why are normal 6-stringers allowed to just be any ol' guitarist, but as soon as you go for an extended range guitar you automatically have to be striving for the elite? :confused:

• Members

I picked up a 7 and then an 8 before I had "nailed the fundamentals" of a six because I love ERGs and they inspire me to play and practice more.

Who gets to decide when I'm "ready for it," if not me?

Archived