Jury Duty, grrrrr

tetaJ

• Members

No you won't get rich doing jury duty. But when I'm called I consider it an honor. Never been picked. But I believe in the system. Maybe I'm naive.

If you're bitching about jury duty, just quit voting. And then keep your mouth shut when elected officials act like they're the ones that need a jury.

• Members

One great way to get out of most jury duty calls is to have at least a 4-year college education. So if you're educated, you're almost guaranteed never to have to actually serve on a jury. Our system is so good!

No kidding. I saw two guys excused for nothing more than having a solid technical degree. It was an awards phase of a lawsuit vs. an insurance company. The insurance co's lawyer bounced those guys so fast I could feel the breeze.

Oooo...a smart person that might understand this stuff ? Get him OUT of here ! :mad:

• Members

No kidding. I saw two guys excused for nothing more than having a solid technical degree. It was an awards phase of a lawsuit vs. an insurance company. The insurance co's lawyer bounced those guys so fast I could feel the breeze.

Oooo...a smart person that might
understand
this stuff ? Get him OUT of here !
:mad:

I've heard that even without a degree, having an occupation in a technical field will get you bounced from a jury pool. I've never been asked what I do for a living, which is aircraft design.

I think I always get bounced because I always have to answer "yes" when asked if I or any member of my immediate family has ever been employed by a law enforcement agency. I then have to explain that my mother worked as a fingerprint file clerk at the FBI during WWII and that it will not effect my ability to fairly try the case. I'm sure that the defense just automatically bounces anyone who answered "yes" to that question.

Archived