The worst tuner you've ever used.

CrazyandStupid

• Members

Fender PT-100. Worst POS I've ever used. Took forever to lock onto a note and when it did, it had no clue what it was. Play the string once and tune. Play it again, it the tuner would claim it was way out. I tried to use it for a gig. What a nightmare that was. It was worse than using no tuner at all.

• Members
I had one of these pieces of garbage. Never again.

korg_ca30.jpg

I find this to be a good tuner. I only use it on my work stand, but it's accurate. As long as you plug into it. IDK if the mic in it is any good. The GA is limited. But I have the CA (chromatic). I used it to tune my electric piano (that Yammie stringed baby grand). Worked great.

• Members

I find this to be a good tuner. I only use it on my work stand, but it's accurate. As long as you plug into it. IDK if the mic in it is any good. The GA is limited. But I have the CA (chromatic). I used it to tune my electric piano (that Yammie stringed baby grand). Worked great.

I have the CA version as well, and use it for fine tuning, intonation, setups, etc.

THey're extremely accurate and track better than any pedal tuner I've ever used. Really, the only step up I would consider would be a true disc Peterson desktop unit.

• Members

Maybe mine was defective. It would jump all over the place for no reason. Whatever.

I had/maybe have one too (its lost. maybe to be found later)

but i know what you mean. you had to pretty much guess when you were in tune, because it would constantly sway from side to side. {censored} was confusing.

• Members

Fender PT-100. Worst POS I've ever used. Took forever to lock onto a note and when it did, it had no clue what it was. Play the string once and tune. Play it again, it the tuner would claim it was way out. I tried to use it for a gig. What a nightmare that was. It was worse than using no tuner at all.

+1.

Impossible to see the lights on a dark stage.

• Members

I have 2 cheap korgs that work ok. I'll eventually get a pedal tuner. The korg at work is a nightmare though as it picks up the ambient noises or some frequency so it took some time to learn that when it said my low E says "A" that actually means in tune for EADGBE.

:freak:

Yeah...i know, wtf? It works and has a metronome though so that's what matters.

• Members

I would say at this point, any tuner in my signal chain (obviously). But the worst one by far has been the Boss TU-whatevers. I had 3 fall apart in 2 years. Then went to Planet Waves pedal (pre bypass model), which was much better in terms of being roadworthy. But now, there is the headstock tuner made by many companies, but Planet Waves has proven to be the best, imo (see my thread). Its well worth looking into considering its price, that it is not in the signal chain, and doesn't get stomped on in order to be put in use.

Archived