is there a more EPIC rock album than Gretchen Goes to Nebraska???

guitarbilly74

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I must be the only guy who's least favorite Extreme album is III sides
:o

You're probably not alone. :lol:

I love it. Been listening to it forever, and it's still great. Punchline is amazing too, in it's own way. In fact, the ONLY Extreme record I don't LOVE is Saudades....and it's still ok.

Big Nuno fanboy here. Bigger King's X fan. Even bigger Failure fan. Even bigger Faith No More fan. :love:

• Members
You're probably not alone.
:lol:

I love it. Been listening to it forever, and it's still great. Punchline is amazing too, in it's own way. In fact, the ONLY Extreme record I don't LOVE is Saudades....and it's still ok.

Big Nuno fanboy here. Bigger King's X fan. Even bigger Failure fan. Even bigger Faith No More fan.
:love:

I actually haven't even jammed Saudades yet :o I need to get on that!

I love FnM too; don't think I've even heard of Failure. Maybe I fail :cop:

• Members
I actually haven't even jammed Saudades yet
:o
I need to get on that!

I love FnM too; don't think I've even heard of Failure. Maybe I fail
:cop:

Saudades has its moments. Sadly, most of it sounds like Mourning Widows B-Sides.....BUT, Comfortably Dumb is badass.

Failure is Ken Andrews' original alt/space rock band. Broke up in '96. Listening to it...you can really hear where some more modern bands, ESPECIALLY A Perfect Circle, got their ideas....Fantastic Planet is phenomenal. Hell, my band shares its name with a song from that record. :lol:

220px-Failurefantasticplanet.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failure_(band)

• Members

im with you BIlly, its still on my top 5 ALL TIME albums. THis band is amazing and their work on this album should be up there with the White Album, Dark Side of The Moon, Thriller, Rumours....one of the greats.

• Members

One of the best bands.....ever. I realize that I have ripped them off in almost every song I've ever wrote, but in a good way.

They had the misfortune of hitting at the beginning of that little "grunge" thing. Sucked for them. They should have been huge, but I am happy they continue to make music.

• Members

GB, you do have good taste, sir...

GGTN is one of the best albums I ever heard, and King's X is a CRIMINALLY underrated band; I love how a basic power trio uses their vocal harmonies as a fourth instrument, and how melodic they are w/o sacrificing balls to do it...

• Members

Dogman for the win for me . LOVE LOVE LOVE that album. Doug Pinnick has one of the best voices in rock. Everyone always tells me Gretchen is a better album , but I think Dogman is just perfect songwriting

[YOUTUBE]-q4VHwKCUVI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]ddys6nXUAC4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]2P0JXur9t1U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]4BiTsvv_dlo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]TCnDiGR1p2Q&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Dogman for the win for me . LOVE LOVE LOVE that album. Doug Pinnick has one of the best voices in rock. Everyone always tells me Gretchen is a better album , but I think Dogman is just perfect songwriting

Not just the song writing on Dogman, but Ty used the Mesa on that album and got just a massively heavy tone that floored me. Ten years ahead of its time IMO.

• Members

I saw Porcupine Tree last year in Baltimore, and I knew King's X was opening, but for some reason I never listened to them even though they've been around for a long time. They kicked so much ass it's not even funny. Ty Tabor is one of my favorite guitar players now after picking up a few of their records. Awesome band.

• Members

I heard about Kings X when I was getting into heavier music in 94 or so. However, to my young and stupid ears it sounded "too 80s." :facepalm:

I'd pretty much forgotten about them until you all here keep posting on them. Now tonight I'll hafta spend some time on you tube listening to a bunch of their songs to see if they are something I can really get into or just appreciate.

• Members
Saudades has its moments. Sadly, most of it sounds like Mourning Widows B-Sides.....BUT, Comfortably Dumb is badass.

Failure is Ken Andrews' original alt/space rock band. Broke up in '96. Listening to it...you can really hear where some more modern bands, ESPECIALLY A Perfect Circle, got their ideas....Fantastic Planet is phenomenal. Hell, my band shares its name with a song from that record.
:lol:

220px-Failurefantasticplanet.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failure_(band
)

I got into Failure right after hearing and getting into Hum. I love some of that band's songs. :cool:

Archived