The Whole stack!

Marshack

• Members

Ok, here it is. I'm an older dude that still loves his 80's metal. Never been in a band, and at this point I don't really want to. Having to show up at a bar every night after work sounds to much like more work! I just like to pick up the strat when I get the need, and bang out some Maiden, or Priest!:cool:

My AMP located in my small computer room could be said to be excessive for a bedroom player as it's a Marshall DSL100, and 1960b 4X12. I don't care as it sounds good, and better than any combo even at bedroom levels. After many years of playing off, and on I still kinda of suck, but was much better when playing more often, and playing more often is what I have in mind. All this extra help such as You Tube has inspired me!

That said, I always had a dream as a poor kid of a full Marshall stack. It was the ultimate rig for us 80's guitar players. I'm close to that full stack now, but never got the A cabnet. Looking on Craigslist, I see I could pick of a mint like new 900 model 1960A cab for $400 on the way home from work. I sure don't need it. but I have lots of stuff that I don't need.

What to do!

• Members

Yes do it.

But I also have to say that having a full stack will make it harder to set bedroom volume levels, having speakers at ear level changes the whole game and a volume that was comfortable to you before will appear to be much louder once you have speakers pointing straight to your ears.

• Members

Well I didn't do it tonight, as traffic was bad after work, but i'm off tomorrow!

As to the price, it's a little high, but listed as "brand new condition". I'll pay an extra 50 to 100 bucks for perfect condition, rather than getting a ripped up one. It's still half price right?

• Members

80's guy myself! Ohh the days of high paying cover gigs and two openers when you headlined!! yeah and I had a pair of 800 stacks behind me. It was the cool.

The best part was unlike metal bands today, we had about 50% chicks at our shows. Good pickins! :cop:

get that second cab and life will change!

• Members

Don't worry man. I've been in one actual whole band that lasted more than a couple months, jammed with drummers, other guitarists and bassists off and on. You get the point.

Anywhoo, I run two 100 + watt tube half-stacks in stereo as my main jamming rig. {censored} it man, you only live once. :thu:

• Members

Guess what I just bought? Jesus, i'm such a poseur! :-(

And of course on the way back with the Cabinet, I stopped off at the music store to get a speaker cable, I peaked at the AM Standard. Strats. ( I've been wanting to get a 3 tone burst to use as my traditional start, converting my current blackie to Hummers.

So he say's, " I got some 3 tones that just came in, still new the box, and I said, "break those puppies out". Strat 1 looked OK, with some nice straight grain in the burst, but with a few grain imperfections. Lets see the other! Strat 2 just killed! :love::love::love::love::love: Nice curvy strong grain, more than I've ever seen on alder. Very nice grain loops! The dam thing looked closer to swamp ash! Now I thinking about blowing another $1000 tomorrow. I can't even play worth a {censored}! Well I could impress a non musician. :facepalm:

Stack pics to come. Maybe Strat pics too! :cop:

Archived