Atheists!

Marshredder

• Members

?"In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs." -Sam Harris

Sam Harris > you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its funny how there has to be a sect of believers vs non-believers, especially since we tend to do the same things, only one focuses on God rather than presents, at least that is the idea. Also, Christmas is not actually a pagan holiday. The pagans chose that day as a day to share gifts way back when, and the christians just added that as a time to commemorate Jesus' birth. Actually, I find it odd that a large number of people think that he was born on that day. Either way, i think it is a great day for everyone, get to spend time with family and friends, and for believers, focus on something that we truly adore.

Merry Christmas! It will be a great one for me, hope the best for all of you guys as well!

(Also, i must say, even though the presents really dont mean a lot to me, i really love christmas season with all of the decorations and people watching!)

• Members

FOR {censored}'S SAKE I THOUGHT WE ESTABLISHED THAT THERE'S NOTHING "CHRISTIAN" ABOUT "CHRISTMAS" BACK IN THE LATE 90'S

some people are slow on the uptake. Don't worry, they will eventually catch on. Just like creationists :poke:

:

• Members
Why, what do Christians do then?

Typically, they shame their own religion by being overly judgemental despite the fact that one of the most basic premises of Christianity is not to judge other people.......:wave:

But God bless them and their ignorant little hearts, celebrating a pagan festival disguised as a Christian holiday.

In all seriousness, I think it's fairly obvious that Christmas means different things to different people. To most people, regardless of whether they are Christian or not, it's time that is typically spent with family and close friends, often the ones you don't get to see the rest of the year. When my grandmother was still alive, it meant the world to her to have everyone in the family over for Christmas, and to me, that's what Christmas is really about. It's the one time of year that most people make a point of going home to see the people that they care about and don't get to see very often.

• Members

I try to fit in with the Christians. I celebrate by cutting a tree down, decorating it with pagan symbols and then participate in the ritual giving and receiving of worldly goods while sacrificing a bird on the alter of dining. Also, we gather around the fire place and sit somberly staring at the image of the torture and death of some poor white Jewish guy for a minute. We are allowed to think pleasant thoughts of each other or others as we deem appropriate during this time for some reason.

Occasionally we also go to a building where robed men chastise us for our human behaviors and then invite us to drink a cup of blood and eat some human flesh so that we can be "saved" like them.

I usually pass on that one, but my mom likes it still.

• Members
Celebrating Christmas, but without the Christ.

It's time to take the Christ out of Christmas. (And I guess time to take the mass out of Christmas, too.)

Jesus really ruins what Christmas is all about--love, sharing, and caring.

Merry X-mas to all.

202.jpg

• Members

I'd love to switch a baby Jesus out of a public manger scene with a nice baked ham, and film the raccoons when they discover it.

My other Christmas wish would be to construct a huge, radio controlled robot Jesus (like 12 foot tall, angry metal robot) and set it on a course of destruction through my neighbor's XMAS LIGHTS XTRAVAGANZA yard display. That {censored}er has at least 20 cars blocking the street every night from Thanksgiving to New Year.

Archived