Guitar center; WORST. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. EVER!

Edge11

• Members

So today me and my bro Pete went to GC to check out a fender bassman that looked sweet. We arrive at thegc and asked the stoner **** sales guy if he can set the amp up for us. The guy says yeah sure give me a bit. One our later and the guy is avoiding us. I say {censored} it and ask another guy, this middle aged fat bald guy, says sure you can and I say, ok just point me to a 4ohm cab and well dude it . Dude ignore us, what ever. We finally find a Damn cab and we plug the head in.....these hardly any volume. Explains why those @$$holes were avoiding us. {censored}ing guitar center.

• Members

So today me and my bro Pete went to GC to check out a fender bassman that looked sweet. We arrive at thegc and asked the stoner **** sales guy if he can set the amp up for us. The guy says yeah sure give me a bit. One our later and the guy is avoiding us. I say {censored} it and ask another guy, this middle aged fat bald guy, says sure you can and I say, ok just point me to a 4ohm cab and well dude it . Dude ignore us, what ever. We finally find a Damn cab and we plug the head in.....these hardly any volume. Explains why those @$$holes were avoiding us. {censored}ing guitar center.

Are you sure it was a 4ohm cab?

• Members

I hate music store {censored}s. HATE EM! So i turn it around on them by being a prick to them from the onset. It always seems to work, like I'm speaking their language. It probably just stems from the fact that every single one thinks they're better than you, and should be rocking arenas instead of dealing with customers.

• Members

I agree, there are saleman that are less than stellar. there is a Woodwind Brasswind near my home, which I think is owned by Musicians Friend I think? Anyway, theirs one salemans man there, that I try to deal with only him. I've bought stuff from him numerous times throught the years, and he's always been top notch helpful. Helps set up amps and cabs for me to try out, answers questions, no stupid pressure to buy BS. ALWAYS ask if I need any help, even if I'm just window shopping..super nice guy!!

• Members

Fail on your part for waiting an hour for a salesman, though I'm sure that is an exaggeration, which is fail number 2... also {censored} Guitar Center... I walk up in there and literally move stacks around, move heads to different cabs, plug {censored} in by myself, and if anyone asks what I'm doing, I tell them point blank and they are usually like "Oh ok...."

Ive said it 1,000 times, Guitar Center is a luxury, being able to go try gear without having to pay is awesome, nobody MAKES you buy anything, but the second you start having any type of expectations for the store itself or the staff that work there, well, the epic fail isn't on Guitar Center, it's on YOU.

• Members

Fail on your part for waiting an hour for a salesman, though I'm sure that is an exaggeration, which is fail number 2... also {censored} Guitar Center... I walk up in there and literally move stacks around, move heads to different cabs, plug {censored} in by myself, and if anyone asks what I'm doing, I tell them point blank and they are usually like "Oh ok...."

Ive said it 1,000 times, Guitar Center is a luxury, being able to go try gear without having to pay is awesome, nobody MAKES you buy anything, but the second you start having any type of expectations for the store itself or the staff that work there, well, the epic fail isn't on Guitar Center, it's on YOU.

We have a chain near me called whitehouse music. The sales guy tries to set up the amp settings for you, then watches you the entire time you play.

• Members

wah, piss, cry, moan.......

Don't go.

sorry but these I hate GC threads are fkn pointless. Anywhere in life you may find good/bad salesman,people,friends etc.

Someone hit the nail on the head. It's a luxury to be able to go to a store and play {censored}, they don't want to help you, do it yourself or leave.

• Members

wah, piss, cry, moan.......

Don't go.

sorry but these I hate GC threads are fkn pointless. Anywhere in life you may find good/bad salesman,people,friends etc.

Someone hit the nail on the head. It's a luxury to be able to go to a store and play {censored}, they don't want to help you, do it yourself or leave.

Thats how you move a product you get it in peoples hands. Of course it's a luxury same as a restaurant. When was the last time you went to a restaurant and the server left with taking your order, then the chef came out and told you to go make your own food?

• Members

How to deal with sales people at guitar center.

Step 1: Get a pair of badass sunglasses, a friend with a bluetooth headset and a blackberry will also come in handy.
Step 2: Pull up to GC, and walk through the door like you own the place. Have your friend simultaneously pretend to have an important "tour" related phone call while sending off a frantic email.
Step 3: When/if a sales person approaches you, greet them with a smile. If they show the slightest sign of being an asshat, call them out on it and ask to see a manager.
Step 4: Bitch the manager about the {censored}ty service. Have your friend end his/her phone call, pull you aside and tell you to calm down and try some amps or something. Have your friend explain some bull{censored} story about you being on tour and your amp going out or something. Maybe about how the last thing you needed was some arrogant asshat talking down to you. Explain that if you don't get some courtesy, you are going to schedule a meeting with "Greg" about the service you are getting.
Step 5: BAM! Instant Discount

results may vary

• Members

How to deal with sales people at guitar center.

Step 1: Get a pair of badass sunglasses, a friend with a bluetooth headset and a blackberry will also come in handy.

Step 2: Pull up to GC, and walk through the door like you own the place. Have your friend simultaneously pretend to have an important "tour" related phone call while sending off a frantic email.

Step 3: When/if a sales person approaches you, greet them with a smile. If they show the slightest sign of being an asshat, call them out on it and ask to see a manager.

Step 4: Bitch the manager about the {censored}ty service. Have your friend end his/her phone call, pull you aside and tell you to calm down and try some amps or something. Have your friend explain some bull{censored} story about you being on tour and your amp going out or something. Maybe about how the last thing you needed was some arrogant asshat talking down to you. Explain that if you don't get some courtesy, you are going to schedule a meeting with "Greg" about the service you are getting.

Step 5: BAM! Instant Discount

results may vary

Or just become friends with one of the employees. That saved my buddy 50 bucks last night on a new mic.

• Members

funny, I had a great GC experience last week ... traded a solid state combo amp for a Tweaker cab - expecting to get $100 for it. Guy said he'd give me $200 for it & then came back & said, just take it even up - don't worry about the extra $50 I owed him. Seriously - couldn't believe it...

• Members

Thats how you move a product you get it in peoples hands. Of course it's a luxury same as a restaurant. When was the last time you went to a restaurant and the server left with taking your order, then the chef came out and told you to go make your own food?

(I'll answer this even though it was a silly rebuttal.)

I never have. Reason being, restaurants are everywhere. Typically, GC is the lone gunman in the realm of stocking so much equipment and having the option and again, the luxury of playing it. Sorry, but you went in there to look at a used bassman right? I watch on a near daily level a woman/man walk in there, no questions asked and buy 3-4,000 guitars, amps etc. They don't have to run around jumping through hoops if they don't want to. Trust me, you're not their biggest customer. Is that bad business? Sure, is it right? Who's to say. All I am saying is, stop bitching. It's boring. Shop elsewhere. Then, when you do and they don't have a selection, eat it and go right back there because lets be honest. You'll bitch all you want but if they had a deal soemone else didn't, you'd be right back there.

• Members

Eh, the problem with my guitar center is that it doesn't have {censored} that I would want. Tons of {censored}ing Raven amps, and Fender amps, and Squires, and all manner of dumb bull{censored}. They have a couple nice

Biggest Items I have bought there:
LP Classic, $1200
Mackie 808s $350
Peavey VTM $189

But yeah, those dudes don't know gear very well, but they are all poor, It's not like they have the money to really be dropping on tons of amps stuff like alot of people on this forum.

• Members

Thank god someone noticed the "hour" part.

I was seriously like "WTF were you doing all that time!?"

• Members
, says sure you can and I say, ok just point me to a 4ohm cab and well dude it . Dude ignore us, what ever. We finally find a Damn cab and we plug the head in.....these hardly any volume. Explains why those @$$holes were avoiding us. {censored}ing guitar center.

You should post this over on Rig Talk. That forum is 99.999% middle aged fat bald guys, and a few with skullets who still live in their parent's attics... it'll be really well received.

:thu::cop:

• Members

The restaurant analogy is pretty weak. How many restaurants do you walk into and just browse for hours? If the service was so {censored}ty why the {censored} didn't you complain to the manager right away instead of standing around for what appears to be a couple of hours? You trying out a used Bassman I'm sure wasn't the highlight of anyone's week there, and this close to Xmas season I'm sure they're willing to throw away a $5.00 commission for some wealthy couple looking to max out their Platinum card on their kids.

Archived