NAD: Jet City JCA100HDM

holden_caufield9

• Members

DM - depth mod.

The H just means its a head. The regular one is the JCA100H and the depth mod amp is the JCA100HDM.

Yeah, I had to shell out the extra cash for the depth mod. I'm a huge Warren Haynes fan but I dont have $5k sitting around for amps so this will be my SLO substitute. If it's anything like the Hot Rod 50+ I'm going to be a very happy camper.

• Members

I think you will be happy with your purchase.

As an FYI this is listed two hundred less at a few places, so if you paid full price, you might be able to get a price match. I've had my 50w for about a month and thanks to price drops I just got some monies back the other day.

Yeah, I got it for $799. GC Online had it for $999 but I told the guy at the store that MF had it for $200 less and he did the price match. They told me that MF is always undercutting them and that GC should buy MF so they cant undercut them anymore... I told him that GC did own MF and he was shocked. :rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah, I got it for $799. GC Online had it for $999 but I told the guy at the store that MF had it for $200 less and he did the price match.
They told me that MF is always undercutting them and that GC should buy MF so they cant undercut them anymore... I told him that GC did own MF and he was shocked.
:rolleyes:

:lol:

Sounds about right. I left MF about 2 weeks before the buyout. Within 6 months all of the good, well-trained MF peple were gone replaced by the typical GC drones. So glad I got out when I did.

• Members

...If it's anything like the Hot Rod 50+ I'm going to be a very happy camper.

OK, now I'm really stoked for one of these. I'd recently got myself all worked up over a near purchase of a used Hot Rod 50+, only to watch that deal slip away. I just happened across the FastRedPonyCar vids on YouTube and thought the HDM looked to be pretty darn close.

I'm curious though, wasn't he using that amp with EL34's and KT88's? Also, by reading through some of the feedback on YouTube, it sounded like he had a prototype or maybe a pre-production model? Or at the very least he was perhaps a pre-production tester? Can anyone confirm this, and would a 100HDM I purchased now be the same thing in the video clips... same sounds, tube swapping, etc?

Thanks! I think I'm on-board for one of these, unless a used HR50+ drops in my way really soon!

be well,

Jason G

Archived