for fans of KARNIVOOL and OPETH...and other prog rock/metal bands

Johansolo

• Members

i knew this was going to turn out in whats prog or not debate...i just typed it in the tittle to get views.

anways this band started out as a tech/metal/meshuggah/pantera/all out shreding type band with all growling, and they have "prog"ressed from album to album.
on their first full lenght cd (avalon) theres defnitely a more opeth/porcupine inffluence, and the new cd is just epic sounding. and i heard that its around 80-90% clean singing on this new album.

anways...just thought id share.

• Members

With your logic then maybe the blues band I play in should start adding a bit more distortion and start saying we are Hardcore / Metal / Progressive because we dont use normal structures or time sig either.....

Thanks for the idea man

no problem.

just make sure you cover politician :wave:

• Members

At the end of day Prog metal or whatever you must call wouldnt be fit to lick the boots of any real Prog rock band.......

there is nothing progressive about white noise and inaudible ramblings.....

Are you this dumb in real life?

Dream Theater? Opeth? Both of them alone stand technically-capable of holding their own against any of your listed "prog" bands...

Wow :facepalm::freak:

• Members

At the end of day Prog metal or whatever you must call wouldnt be fit to lick the boots of any real Prog rock band.......

there is nothing progressive about white noise and inaudible ramblings.....

1. Listen to Opeth.

2. Be refuted.

Edit: If you're that cranky and boring, you're probably from Canberra.

• Members
When did I ever say that I havent listened to Opeth and Dream Theatre, I own quite a few of their albums.

The funny thing is I know most of these bands you guys love so much and some of them are enjoyable but the way you talk proves to me that you have absolutley no idea about any of the bands Im talking about. educate yourselves first and then lets talk.

LOL yes, we have no idea who Yes or Genesis are. In other news, i'm still trying to figure out how these damn shoe things work....

:facepalm:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived