for fans of KARNIVOOL and OPETH...and other prog rock/metal bands

Johansolo

• Members

The very first part of the first song showed a ton of promise, but for me, they tried to be to metal or something in a lot of parts. The heavy parts seemed forced, and like they sat in a room saying we need to write something heavy. Im not a metal fan really, so that might be why i fell that way, im not sure. Does anyone else think that too, or is it just me?

• Members

The very first part of the first song showed a ton of promise, but for me, they tried to be to metal or something in a lot of parts. The heavy parts seemed forced, and like they sat in a room saying we need to write something heavy. Im not a metal fan really, so that might be why i fell that way, im not sure. Does anyone else think that too, or is it just me?

+1

• Members

Agreed with above....the growling vocals totally turned me off. The guy has a great voice and that {censored} was totally unnecessary. The 4:30 riff in One Door is a pretty generic Lamb of God/metalcore rip too. The rest of the song was pretty good though I thought. I skipped through Refuse the Sickness as it growly garbage again.

• Members

Dude, how does that music in any way resemble Prog rock?

People need to stop confusing this metal core or what ever core with Prog rock.

Real Prog rock is stuff like, early Genesis, Van der Graff Generator, Yes, King Crimson, Gong, Kansas.

Sorry guys Im a massive prog fan.....

So by that definition you can't be a new band and be prog?

• Members
Dude, how does that music in any way resemble Prog rock?

People need to stop confusing this metal core or what ever core with Prog rock.

Real Prog rock is stuff like, early Genesis, Van der Graff Generator, Yes, King Crimson, Gong, Kansas.

Sorry guys Im a massive prog fan.....

Or maybe the genre's musical characteristics have evolved since the 70's? :facepalm:

• Members

Sorry guys it wasnt a jab. but just because they play 10 diffrent parts in one song and few 6/4 time sigs doesnt mean its prog.

well, since the term "progressive" when applied to music really just means "unconventional", i think you're pretty much just about as wrong as possible. :thu:

Archived