What do you get when you want a Les Paul but don't want a Gibson?

GodBlessTexas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would just pick up an Agile for the price honestly bud. They play amazingly and with the right pups and hardware will sound exactly how you want them to. Are they a Gibson? No and never will be. Do it and never look back, you can always return it if you don't approve. :) 415 shipped for AL3100. The Agiles crap all over anything in the 1000 and under range, unless you count used..........but you could find a used Agile for 200 :p

Sorry for the Agile rant, I'm a lifetime user now.

• Members

I have had alot of knockoffs over the years - they are decent, but never last. I currently have two LP Studio's - one of them is the best LES PAUL model bar none I've ever owned or played for that matter. The other one is just an exceptional guitar - I bought them both used on ebay, and didn't pay over $700 for either of them. Total mojo. Gibson 1998 was a good vintage...

• Members
Might want to wait a few weeks and see if the new Ibby LP copies are what you want. I hear they'll be under 500 USD and one of my friends at NAMM that played one said it smokes the PRS SE series and is lighter than traditional LP.

ART500EWH.gif

That head stock is UBER gay and deters me from it. Otherwise it looks siq!!!

• Members

Edwards Laquer Taste Series(nitro finish), I sold my previous LP Classic because i would never play it since had purchased the Edwards. Slowly though my GAS increased for my dream guitar that i had wanted for 20yrs, a real gibson LP custom, finally got it, but i had to sell the Edwards :(

I will get another though, they are great guitars.

Archived