What do you get when you want a Les Paul but don't want a Gibson?

GodBlessTexas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been told the singlecuts are not exactly LP sounding either.

True for the original Singlecuts and SC250s, but the SC245 is nails it IMO. Scale length is the most important thing here I think, the original Singlecuts were 25" but the SC245 is 24.5" which is definitely an important part of the LP tone and feel.

• Members

Was looking for a backup guitar to my Gibson LP standard and after trying a Burny, Yamaha Lord Player and Tokai (Japanese built) it was a no brainer to keep the Tokai (Japanese built) guitar.

At least for the guitars I tried out the Burny just didn't sit well for me (may have been a lemon coz I know these are generally good guitars).

The Yamaha Lord Player was too heavy and again I didn't gel with it (but again I tried it coz I heard good things from a lot of people).

As soon as I held the Japanese built Tokai in my hands for the first time it felt right for me and played even better!

I guess you've gotta try, if possible, before you buy coz a lot of it depends on the individual instrument as much as with your playing style and what works for one guy may not necessarily work for another despite them all being quality instruments.

Good luck with it.

Archived