Why do so many people have bad breath?

ilikebeer

• Members

What the hell is wrong with people that they can't maintain decent oral hygiene? Every day I encounter dozens of people with horrific foul breath. I have a good friend who I actually can't stand to be around because his breath is so bad, it permeates the entire room whenever he's around.

Here's an illustration:

BadBreath.jpg

Seriously folks, don't go out in public without brushing your teeth, using mouthwash, and for {censored}s sake, chew some industrial strength mint gum.

• Members

Stomach breath for a lot. They don't eat breakfast. Some people can't help it
:(

yeah, actually, everyone CAN help it.

I brush my teeth at least twice a day, floss at least once, usually twice, and always have gum handy in case I had something garlicy that insists on lingering.

• Members

They are talking so much bull{censored}? Coffee breath?

For me personally, when I have sinus drainage, my breath is bad and keeping gum around is about all I can do

This. My morning breath is horrible and after I brush my teeth, it'll usually be bad again in a couple hours. I drink tons of coffee so apparently the coffee breath overpowers the sinus breath. Not saying its pleasant, but its a better sort of unpleasant. CURSE YOU SINUSES!

• Members

Never thought of the sinus thing.

I used to work at a big computer configuration center and the guys from two cells down would come down as ask for stuff from my cell partner and me. Don't know they called them 'cells'... sounds like prison and I must say, if felt kinda like prison.

Anyway, one of the guys was sooo meek, he walk in and barely mumble what it was that he wanted and we'd have to ask about two more times what the hell he was talking about. The other guy had pretty horrorific breath. And his name was actually Hal. I'm a pretty tactful person, but my cell partner was having a bad day one time and he told him to get the hell out of the sell with his stankin' ass breath and the other guy said, 'Oh yeah... well... well...' and walked away.

:idk:

• Members
Never thought of the sinus thing.

I used to work at a big computer configuration center and the guys from two cells down would come down as ask for stuff from my cell partner and me. Don't know they called them 'cells'... sounds like prison and I must say, if felt kinda like prison.

Anyway, one of the guys was sooo meek, he walk in and barely mumble what it was that he wanted and we'd have to ask about two more times what the hell he was talking about. The other guy had pretty horrorific breath. And his name was actually Hal. I'm a pretty tactful person, but my cell partner was having a bad day one time and he told him to get the hell out of the sell with his stankin' ass breath and the other guy said, 'Oh yeah... well... well...' and walked away.

:idk:

Yeah, I work with a guy who....god, I don't know what's wrong with his breath, but its unlike anything I've ever smelled before. Like I said, if its sinus season, mine can get bad, but...good god, year round this guy's is....well, you just try to avoid face to face conversation. :lol:

• Members

I admit I'm a little obsessive over it myself. I used to have sinus infections a lot as a kid, and was always self conscious of my own breath. I know how bad it can be when you have sinus issues. I just can't understand how some people just don't seem to give a {censored} that their breath can knock birds out of the sky, peel paint off the walls, etc...

Archived