Animals As Leaders (D-Jent Content)

Johnny Two Tone

• Members

personally I think there is a huge void right now for a wave like the 90's of fresh stuff

way to many followers and not enought leaders today (no pun intended...)

I think something good is gonna come thru real soon...thats the only reason this horse{censored} 'djent' popped up (which is alot similar to the hair metal of the 80's where it became style over substance)

one guy that springs to mind in devin townsend as well ....he was incredible in the late 90's but has gone downhill bigtime and now nut hugs with all these stupid bedroom 'superior drummer/8 string guitar' garbage thats getting a look because music is in such bad shape....metalcore was bad enough!!

ya think the future is guys locked onto a computer editing the {censored} out of stuff with synthetic drums?!?!? ....maybe it is but its pretty grim if that is the case.....

I haven't heard on riff in the last year thats made my hair stand up

thats why I say there is a massive hole that can be filled .,....and all this interum {censored} will be gone like the dinosaurs

Damn, they must have some crazy ass drugs in Australia

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, they must have some crazy ass drugs in Australia

sure do

Fight Over LIMP BIZKIT Leads To Murder - Apr. 27, 2011

According to BrisbaneTimes.com.au, an Australian man was allegedly bashed to death by his roommate following a drunken fight over LIMP BIZKIT.

The court was told Emmanuel McPherson, 48, objected when his roommate, James Albert Madden, played a LIMP BIZKIT album on McPherson's stereo. A fight then broke out, in which Madden allegedly beat McPherson to death.

Madden, 24, is on trial for McPherson's murder. He has pled not guilty to the charge.

• Members

Im as OCD about my tone as anyone but i personally think it makes more sense to listen to music for how good the music is, not how good their tone is. I personally think their tone is awful as hell but i think tosin is an amazing guitar player. He is very dynamic, not just a shredder.

well, the tone of the guitars is a part of how pleasing the music is to listen to. i'd rather listen to generic music where all the instruments sound good to me than amazingly technical/complex music with {censored} tone. but, that's just me...YMMV :idk:

• Members

well, the tone of the guitars is a part of how pleasing the music is to listen to. i'd rather listen to generic music where all the instruments sound good to me than amazingly technical/complex music with {censored} tone. but, that's just me...YMMV
:idk:

Why are "generic" and "technical/complex" the only options? Can't songs be written well without being overly technical? :cop:

• Members

personally I think there is a huge void right now for a wave like the 90's of fresh stuff

I think something good is gonna come thru real soon...thats the only reason this horse{censored} 'djent' popped up (which is alot similar to the hair metal of the 80's where it became style over substance)

one guy that springs to mind in devin townsend as well ....he was incredible in the late 90's but has gone downhill bigtime and now nut hugs with all these stupid bedroom 'superior drummer/8 string guitar' garbage thats getting a look because music is in such bad shape....metalcore was bad enough!!

ya think the future is guys locked onto a computer editing the {censored} out of stuff with synthetic drums?!?!? ....maybe it is but its pretty grim if that is the case.....

thats why I say there is a massive hole that can be filled .,....and all this interum {censored} will be gone like the dinosaurs

1) Devin Townsend doesn't play an 8 string OR use Superior Drummer. Did you not notice the TWO drummers on his newest record?

2) Superior Drummer isn't synthetic drums, they are completely real samples, nothing fake about them.

C'mon now you're just making {censored} up. :facepalm:

• Members

1) Devin Townsend doesn't play an 8 string OR use Superior Drummer. Did you not notice the TWO drummers on his newest record?

Devin uses superior drummers though :cop: cmon, who needs SD when you have Gene Hoglan :cop:

• Members

See Djent thread....

See Cavemanic

:lol:

Personally I think AAL writing is quite good and intelligent especially for the style (if you actually examine the song names you realize there is more than just guitar wizardry). I don't even consider AAL djent really.

And yeah the distortion tone kinda sucks, but I'm pretty sure it was a POD for this album...He did get some nice clean tones anyways.

• Members

Devin uses superior drummers though
:cop:
cmon, who needs SD when you have Gene Hoglan

Or Dirk Verbeuren/Ryan Van Poederooyen/Mike St. Jean for that matter. My point stands though, Superior Drummer = real drums as far as tone is concerned, cause they are, flaws and all.

• Members

This seriously smacks of old man syndrome. "thats why I say there is a massive hole that can be filled .,....and all this interum {censored} will be gone like the dinosaurs " Just a little bitter, are ya?

Year after year, decade after decade we have to live with the fact that lowest common denominator pop music bombards us but that doesn't stop me from simply looking for something that I like. If all anyone does is go around complaining when do they ever start enjoying themselves instead of raining on every else's parade?

In other news

if you can live with the fact that a lot of it is programmed. It's like a much more melodic style of Djent.

• Members

2) Superior Drummer isn't synthetic drums, they are completely real samples, nothing fake about them.

C'mon now you're just making {censored} up.
:facepalm:

Ahem. Devy uses the HELL out of the Toontrack stuff. He was even featured on their page for a while. :cop:

Aaannd...because I'm feeling contrarian, Toontrack has electronic packs too. :cop:

Though, I agree with what you're getting at. :thu::love:

• Members

Ahem. Devy uses the HELL out of the Toontrack stuff. He was even featured on their page for a while.

Aaannd...because I'm feeling contrarian, Toontrack has electronic packs too.

Though, I agree with what you're getting at.
:thu::love:

What stuff has he used SD on? I would guess the older stuff right? SD2.0 hasn't been out that long though. I guess i'm just more familiar with the Devin Townsend Project stuff which seems to have always had real drummers.

• Members

What stuff has he used SD on? I would guess the older stuff right? SD2.0 hasn't been out that long though. I guess i'm just more familiar with the Devin Townsend Project stuff which seems to have always had real drummers.

I thought Addicted was all 'in the box'. He even used Re-valver. :idk:

• Members

The toontrack article feat Dev basically quoted him saying he used it for all of his writing...as in giving the ideas to the drummers. Same thing I do.

• Members

Ah, but what about stuff thats made it to the records?

Nothing confirmed, but Addicted, as missingastring noted, was supposedly done 100% inside the box, and those drums have a pretty SD flavor to 'em. I'd be lying if I said I was doing anything but speculating though...

Archived