Triple Trouble

Duesentrieb

• Members

Is def. my last PTP amp, I've built it while waiting for the PCB of my 3ch midi 100 Watter.

Here are some pics:

tripletrouble3.jpg

TTT.jpg

and a vid:

[Youtube]dA2IX9UpUeY[/Youtube]

the white chassis doesn't equal any similarities (spelling ?) to other brands with white chassis btw . . . this is 100 Watts (just a pair of EL34 used in the vid), 3 channels, 3 eqs, loop, dc-heaters, kraut transformers

• Members

Pretty

I've said it before and it bears repeating so much talent amongst our HCAFers, I would be jealous if that wasn't such a waste of brain space.

I like the lights on the foot control, the clean sound is very Marshally and sounds nice. The dirty stuff really nice, I also love the name Triple Trouble, are you planning on selling this jewel?

PS wiring is so, so clean and austere, lovely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks.

A switcher for what? I have the full schem and board (Eagle) of a bistabile (sp?) relay driven FS on my homepage. Inside the amp(s) are just normal relays (8 in the PCB version, singles, 3 double in the white PTP thing) doing their job.

Start from using the middle (crunch) channel as the default and then apply the relays to it . . .

Some of the 8 PCB relays are just either to drop "kill" the distorted channels when the amp is in clean mode, two are hooked to the midi circuitry which includes a time-based "mute" to avoid popping. The technology comes off Diezel, OEM you know.

But three double relays are enough when you just want to switch three channels.

• Members

I'm thinking of starting with the basics - make a two channel clean/dirty and build up from there. I'm working on one more single channel (using some of the ideas in the T-wreck Liverpool, but adding and changing things) and then I think I may start researching how to use relays properly. Nothing too insane, as I'm balancing a school courseload with work starting this fall....

Archived