Outstanding! This tastes like High School!

Cougar Hunter

• Members

natty-boh-patch2.jpg

natty-boh-550x300.jpg

Come on HON.... I know some of you drank this swill.... I drank so much Natty Boh I grew a taste for it.... at 10 bones for a case of bottles.... or 6 bones for a case of cans.... Charm City's cheap beer at its...... "finest"?

And don't you dare..... DON'T YOUR DARE!!!!!!! Deny our favorite beer when we were broke and poor and in high school but needed a cheap beer that our older cousin would buy for us that we would consume on a Friday night on the bike trail of the community.... getting us so drunk that we sang NIN songs too loudly, getting the cops called on us and running for our drunk lives...... oh... sorry... TMI

I give you.... THE BEAST!

Milwaukees_Best_Logo_Royal_Blue_Shirt.jp

• Members

These and Southern Comfort were our High School go-to's

mickeys.jpg

That was far too expensive to get multiple people drunk in high school. Gem Clear/Golden Grain mixed with whichever variety of juice/pop available did the trick.

• Members

For some reason this thread reminded me of vagina. I remember what vagina tasted like in high school... It doesn't taste like that anymore :( I'm sure some of you guys (the ones who aren't still in high school) remember sniffing your fingers and not washing your hands for a few days to preserve the smell... Now that I'm in my 30's and am banging 25+ year olds, I do not get that anymore.

That said, Walgreens has an equivalent:

135439.jpg

$2.99 a 6-pack. I've been intrigued, I may indulge this weekend.

• Members

I miss Schlitz. I can't find it here anymore. It was the cheapest beer I could find in college.

Schlitz was reintroduced with a revised "original 60s formula" a couple of years ago. It is now a mid-range product, $12.99 a 12 pack at my local package store. I have to admit, it is the best American adjunct lager I can find around here. It is balanced and tastes faintly of hops. Blows the doors off it's direct competition, like Bud. If you want the Schlitz of the 70s and 80s, Old Milwaukee is your best bet.

• Members

Schlitz was reintroduced with a revised "original 60s formula" a couple of years ago. It is now a mid-range product, $12.99 a 12 pack at my local package store. I have to admit, it is the best American adjunct lager I can find around here. It is balanced and tastes faintly of hops. Blows the doors off it's direct competition, like Bud. If you want the Schlitz of the 70s and 80s, Old Milwaukee is your best bet.

Dude, it's 8 bucks here!

• Members

For some reason this thread reminded me of vagina. I remember what vagina tasted like in high school... It doesn't taste like that anymore
:(
I'm sure some of you guys (the ones who aren't still in high school) remember sniffing your fingers and not washing your hands for a few days to preserve the smell... Now that I'm in my 30's and am banging 25+ year olds, I do not get that anymore.

That said, Walgreens has an equivalent:

135439.jpg

$2.99 a 6-pack. I've been intrigued, I may indulge this weekend.

tastes a lot like pbr. i have an aversion to it though cause it's pretty blatantly ripping of Olympia beer in can design, taste, and they even stole the slogan

Olympia :It's the water

Big Flats: It's the water that makes it.

• Members

In 1971-74 mother {censored}ing {censored} was mother {censored}ing cheep

course we mostly poked smot and had the Mickeys as a chaser (before I learned not to mix metaphors)

That was far too expensive to get multiple people drunk in high school. Gem Clear/Golden Grain mixed with whichever variety of juice/pop available did the trick.

• Members

tastes a lot like pbr. i have an aversion to it though cause it's pretty blatantly ripping of Olympia beer in can design, taste, and they even stole the slogan

Olympia :It's the water

Big Flats: It's the water that makes it.

Dude I've been making fun of my grandpa for drinking Olympia draft for a LONG time now! Glad to know somebody else has even heard of it :lol:

He hasn't been able to find if for a few years now. He switched to natty :lol:

..and I like PBR... Think I'm going to give Walgreens some money this weekend :)

• Members
In 1971-74 mother {censored}ing {censored} was mother {censored}ing cheep

course we mostly poked smot and had the Mickeys as a chaser (before I learned not to mix metaphors)

mickey's is still stupid cheap. I got drunk on Mickeys plenty of times in high school and that was only... {censored}... too many years ago. :(

Archived