B-52 AT 412 cab...decent?

Ovid9

• Members

The reviews I've read seem to say its ok for the money. Not the best built, but that it sounds decent for the money.

The local GC has one for $139. Stuff tends to sit there for a bit, so while I don't need one now (or realistically ever, that mesa cab I got from chad_sux sounds great!).

So yeah, my weekly, "is this worth thinking about" thread. There ya go. :p

• Members

They sound pretty good imo. My friend uses on with his Marshall DSL 100. I don't hear a huge difference between that and my Marshall 1960a. I have a bit more low end than he does. But if you already have a Mesa cab buying this really wouldn't be worth it.

• Members

Small word of warning...It might not really be worth it with this cab..But if you ever buy a used cab from GC make them open it up and show you the speakers because they like to sell used high end cabs where someone has taken out the good speakers and replaced them with {censored}ty ones.

• Members

alot of young guitar plyers. here in town use em,annnd i checked out a touring band from north carolina,as alot of underground bands play at FRANKIES,here in toledo,so i check out whos using what ,and them b52 cabs sound great!! i have seen ALOT OF HEAVILY DAMAGED ONES,taped up,wired together,grills caved in,but hell they be usein em... also BATTERY,a tallica tribute band the guitar player was running his PEAVEY XXX head into a couple,that {censored} sounded really spot on to the metallica sound,he was using the bossgt-series programmable processer,an during enter sandman,i looked ,an sure enough it was saying,SANDMAN, on bank one in the processer!!!! BATTERY KICKS AZZZZZ.....

• Members

Yeah, what with you already having the Mesa cab, I'm kinda wondering why you'd really want to buy this? Other than just for the sake of buying something?
:D

Stop it with your logic and stuff! I said it was my weekly price/quality ? thread! :p

I like to buy things that are good deals. Even if I don't have a need. Its a disease I swear. :facepalm:

I'm not really looking at buying, more a "if I needed a 4x12 for some reason down the line and this one was still for sale...." yes, I'm wasting all your time right now.

HAH.

:lol::facepalm:

• Members

alot of young guitar plyers. here in town use em,annnd i checked out a touring band from north carolina,as alot of underground bands play at FRANKIES,here in toledo,so i check out whos using what ,and them b52 cabs sound great!! i have seen ALOT OF HEAVILY DAMAGED ONES,taped up,wired together,grills caved in,but hell they be usein em... also BATTERY,a tallica tribute band the guitar player was running his PEAVEY XXX head into a couple,that shit sounded really spot on to the metallica sound,he was using the bossgt-series programmable processer,an during enter sandman,i looked ,an sure enough it was saying,SANDMAN, on bank one in the processer!!!! BATTERY KICKS AZZZZZ.....

lumpy'd :lol:

• Members

I been gigging with one for a couple of years. ditch the speakers and you got a good cabinet.

Good to know. :thu:

But, realistically, Elemenope's response is the most appropriate. Well, expect possibly for lumpy's. :lol:

• Members

Dude. You have a mesa 212 yes? You dont need anything more than that. The only reason I have a 412 and my buzzbomb is because 1. The band wants me to have a 412, and 2. Im {censored}ing lazy and refuse to carry a cab back and forth to and from practice. I did refuse to carry a head as well, when I had the 6505+ and the 6505 212 combo, but now, with just 1 amp, I have no choice. My lazy ass needs to make more money to support my laziness lol.

• Members

Dude.
You have a mesa 212 yes?
You dont need anything more than that. The only reason I have a 412 and my buzzbomb is because 1. The band wants me to have a 412, and 2. Im fucking lazy and refuse to carry a cab back and forth to and from practice. I did refuse to carry a head as well, when I had the 6505+ and the 6505 212 combo, but now, with just 1 amp, I have no choice. My lazy ass needs to make more money to support my laziness lol.

Yes. And yes, it really is all I need. It sounds awesome. :lol:

Damn, I need more money so I can post questions on more expensive stuff and you'll tell me to get it. :p

• Members

Yes. And yes, it really is all I need. It sounds awesome.
:lol:

Damn, I need more money so I can post questions on more expensive stuff and you'll tell me to get it.
:p

The only reason I have a few 4x12s is because I bought them back with I though that playing metal required a 4x12 + a 100watt or more amp. Now I know better.

Archived