(Couple Pics) Freebie Fender Update. for those who give a ....

NixerX

• Members

So I went and got my super groovy vintage fenders from pops. Once i got the home I whipped open the Chassis and found that the Filter caps on the Super are {censored}ed

1970-SRFiltercaps.jpg

This is expected.

Gut shot:

1970-SR-Guts.jpg

The one cap in the Princeton is not leaking or ruptured or nuthn...so I plugged it in. and strummed it. {censored}ing :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

It has a n RCA 12ax7 and a Mullard 12ax7. An RCA 5U4GB Rectifier and a RCA and Westing House (GB) 6V6

Vibrato worked. Pretty soft but it worked. Unfortunately one of the 6V6's started to redplate :(

More pics and vid once I get the Filtercaps installed.

• Members

So I went and got my super groovy vintage fenders from pops. Once i got the home I whipped open the Chassis and found that the Filter caps on the Super are {censored}ed

1970-SRFiltercaps.jpg

This is expected.

Gut shot:

1970-SR-Guts.jpg

The one cap in the Princeton is not leaking or ruptured or nuthn...so I plugged it in. and strummed it. {censored}ing
:love:

It has a n RCA 12ax7 and a Mullard 12ax7. An RCA 5U4GB Rectifier and a RCA and Westing House (GB) 6V6

Vibrato worked. Pretty soft but it worked. Unfortunately one of the 6V6's started to redplate
:(

More pics and vid once I get the Filtercaps installed.

Get out your multimeter and test the caps, if they arent leaky and test ok you should be good to go.

• Members

The cap in the Princeton looks perfect. I guess I should test it out.

That poor Silverface sat i a garage for IDK how long. It was a nice garage but not heated. A recap and retube is gonna run me about 150 for both. Im hoping the CTS speakers are still in good shape and not all dried out and ruined. If they are I might just buy a Mojo tone cab and stuff it full of Jensens. The amp is worth it IMO.

• Members

That is awesome NixerX!

And $150 to fix both up doesn't sound too bad to me. Belated Happy New Old Free Amps Day!

Thank you man! Im pretty stoked. now I just gotta wait for the caps to arrive. I should have just assumed that the caps were gonna be bad and ordered them up...but whatevs. Happy Memorial Day!

Archived