Suggestions for a wireless system.

lenster

• Members

I've had two g30's - sold the first one because I wanted to get the rack g90, but then I got rid of my rack and got another g30. They're great - very transparent, reliable, long battery life (at least 6 hours with 2xaa), standard jack lead so no stupid mini screw on thing that just breaks... yep, I likes them.

• Members

I've had two g30's - sold the first one because I wanted to get the rack g90, but then I got rid of my rack and got another g30. They're great - very transparent, reliable, long battery life (at least 6 hours with 2xaa), standard jack lead so no stupid mini screw on thing that just breaks... yep, I likes them.

Between the 2 apart from price which did u prefer?

Or is it a simple case of one being rackounted.

• Members

Between the 2 apart from price which did u prefer?

Or is it a simple case of one being rackounted.

I know this isn't directed at me, but I prefer the G50/G90 wireless pack. It has a metal casing vs. a plastic one.

• Members

I know this isn't directed at me, but I prefer the G50/G90 wireless pack. It has a metal casing vs. a plastic one.

TBH I know the g30 is plastic, but have you ever tried bending one/ applying pressure? Feels solid as anything. I've got no worries about it breaking.

I guess it's a question of what your needs are. If you're a touring band with multiple guitars the G90 would be pretty sweet, the others wouldn't cut it.

• Members

Another vote for the Line6 Relay serie. Happy G50 owner here. Did a bunch of gigs with it. Reliable, transparent, good battery life, all metal construction. I even use it at home now. The freedom of wireless! :D

• Members

I had the g30, but sold it and ended up getting a g50 because of the metal casing...I dont trust {censored} thats cased in plastic lol. But yeah, either way, they sound and work amazingly!! Also, last night I velcroed the receiver of my g50 into the back of my rack case.

• Members

Another vote for the Line 6. I have the G30 and have been extremely pleased with it. I have been gigging with it for almost a year now and have dropped it a few times on concrete and it still works just fine. I think it sounds just as good, if not BETTER than a cable. It will also go farther than the range it is spec'd at:thu:

• Members

I still use a G1 series Sennheiser. Been the most reliable wireless I've ever experienced; must better than my bandmate's Line 6 rackmounted one (can't remember the model) - which he returned for a newer Sennheiser. That, too, is rock solid, noise free and simply superb! He seems more than happy with that decision.

• Members

I've had two Sennheiser units - on one, I had to replace the input cable twice, on both I had to replace the antenna; one died and I sent it in for repair - after a couple months, I got it back and it cost almost as much for the repair as the unit cost new.

I used to think Sennheiser was the {censored}, but then my experience was that they were just that. {censored}.

I bought a cheap (well, around $400-450ish) Digital Reference from Guitar Center as a "I have a show and can't wait" emergency purchase - plastic case, but I've done probably a hundred shows with that unit and never had a single problem out of it - it's still going strong.

I bought one of the Line 6 x2 wireless systems because I liked that I could have the receiver on my pedal board to eliminate an extra cable run. That thing works awesome too. No issues in dozens of shows.

I forgot - I got a Guitar Bug in a trade once - it was junk.

Not only did it suck, but I have ESP Custom Shops and a couple Ibanez Jems - if you have a guitar with non-standard / recessed input jacks - yeah, you're SOL.

• Members

I've been gigging the Line 6 G30 on and off for almost a year now, I love it. Before that, it was a Sennheiser G2 that I bought in 2004, which was awesome too. I dropped the receiver from on top of a half stack and nothing happened, never a hiccup in 6+ years of gigging with it.

I think I got slightly more battery life with the G2 than I do with the G30, but the G30 battery life is still very good.

• Members

Am I the only one who think wireless dramatically improve your sound ? Like the best subtle clean boost there is

I think my sound improved. I think the wireless is more transparent. The L6 units have settings to emulate different lengths of cable and it does make a difference. With mine set to the 30ft setting it sounds exactly like a cable.

• Members

one more vote for the Line 6 unit. It's just awesome. I don't use wireless at the moment, but I'd get one in a heartbeat if I ever decide to go back to wireless. But I need to be in front of my pedalboard most of the time anyway so right now there is no point in getting one.

• Members

Awesome guys.

Line6 it is then. Wil probably go G90 abs put It in a case with my GSP.

I don't need one but we do our own sound n the last two gigs some mates have said my guitar sound was too low not cutting out front so it be nice to jam with the boys in sound check and get our levels schmick.

I guess it would be cool to walk into the crowd n do a huge solo........ :lol:

Archived