Humans are a disease?

Crunchtime

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Been listening to the propaganda, huh? It's amazing how you would say we are a disease and should be snuffed out! Look at the leaders who allow alot of the {censored} to happen and begin there. Its the human problem of acting like a "herd animal" that makes people do the stupid stuff and say stupid things ;)

• Members

Been listening to the propaganda, huh? It's amazing how you would say we are a disease and should be snuffed out! Look at the leaders who allow alot of the {censored} to happen and begin there. Its the human problem of acting like a "herd animal" that makes people do the stupid stuff and say stupid things
;)

WAT.

• Members

Nah, we aren't a disease. But we do "disease" our environment and other spieces due to a combination of our ignorance and how our civilizations have progressed with time naturally.

In general, I don't believe humans have anything to worry about from self-caused issues that could led to our demise as a whole. I'd be more concerned with studying the natural processes that Earth does if you were to ever "save" or prevent the human race from being wiped from the earth.

There are certain processes that there would be nothing we could do and basically...goodbye humanity. Such as what happened in Siberia 250 million years ago. Could you imagine this?????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Traps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian%E2%80%93Triassic_extinction_event

• Members

[video=youtube;mE2-7a_F_B0]

Oh, and anyone who thinks that humans will have any sort of lasting affect on the earth is, well, an idiot. The earth has been around for billions of years. Our little brains have no comprehension of how long that is. We will have our time on this planet but the earth will still be here long after we are gone.

• Members

Oh, and anyone who thinks that humans will have any sort of lasting affect on the earth is, well, an idiot. The earth has been around for billions of years. Our little brains have no comprehension of how long that is. We will have our time on this planet but the earth will still be here long after we are gone.

yup

• Members

On the other hand, can you tell me any other time in history when there has been a species that has the capability to eliminate 100% of life on the planet? We have enough nuclear arms to eliminate every single living organism on the face of the earth 7 times. In other words, we could sterilize the earth completely should a nuclear holocaust break out. You think that won't have a lasting effect on earth? It would be a completely unprecedented event. I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm saying we have the capability to have a much more lasting effect than any species before us.

• Members

On the other hand, can you tell me any other time in history when there has been a species that has the capability to eliminate 100% of life on the planet? We have enough nuclear arms to eliminate every single living organism on the face of the earth 7 times. In other words, we could sterilize the earth completely should a nuclear holocaust break out. You think that won't have a lasting effect on earth? It would be a completely unprecedented event. I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm saying we have the capability to have a much more lasting effect than any species before us.

How so? The dino's got wiped out (allegedly) by pretty much an earth-destroying meteor. It pretty much burned the face of the earth and we still made it here, so... Until the core goes pop it's still gonna be ok. :thu:

• Members

That's kinda my point. When you're talking billions of years, there is really no way to know if your statement, or mine for that matter, is correct. Even if we wiped our ass with the planet and it was uninhabitable for the next 500,000 years.....does that qualify as a 'lasting effect' when you're talking about 4 billion years?

• Members

First of all, no we're not a disease. We're animals just like any other. Remember...if it eats it {censored}s.....point being that we have more in common with other life on earth than a lot of people would like to think. THe only difference between us and other animals is that we have the thumbs and higher intellect. Sure, we have technology that could wreak havoc with OUR lives and the lives of the animals that are around us.

What i can't stand is the people who look at mankind as a disease or a pest or cockroaches or whatever. Why the hatred for mankind? Every person who hates humankind is still PART of humankind. So if you hate yourself, what are you waiting for? Just off yourself to help quell the problems associated with humankind.

And if you arrogantly (one of the many traits of humankind that is aberrant) believe that we have the power to unleash a holocaust that will forever destroy the prospect of life on the planet then you are just plain stupid. We can take a chunk of it, that's for sure.

People who say that {censored} to me just seem to think that they're better than others. "I hate people!! But not me and my family and friends....we're cool but everyone else sucks".

People do {censored}ty things, true. People can be destructive, true. People can be polluters, true. But there's more to "us" than that. Stop hating and start helping.

• Members

we've been around in our current state for what, 50k years? this planet has been around for billions of years. we are ess than a footnote in it's history.

do we make stupid and selfish choices that affect other species? most definitely.

Will we have a lasting imprint on this planet? define lasting. the siberian event mentioned above stiffled life for around 30 million years. but even that is a drop in the bucket of the history of this planet.

• Members

I came in here to make an Agent Smith joke, but that's been covered.

We can't destroy something we're part of. Nature works in cycles. Humans are part of the earth, just like trees. It's not like we're something alien to the ecosystem that was shat out by pirate alien scientologists. We're part of it.

Saying humanity is anything special to the earth is incredibly short sighted and presumptuous.

Yep, even trees have sex

inappropriate_950.jpg

• Members

How so? The dino's got wiped out (allegedly) by pretty much an earth-destroying meteor. It pretty much burned the face of the earth and we still made it here, so... Until the core goes pop it's still gonna be ok.
:thu:

The worst extinction event in history was the Permian

• Members
It occurs to me that man is nothing more than a disease to mother Earth. Only after we kill each other off will Earth be able to heal itself.

Agree?

We're not a disease, we are a parasite. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. That said, Mother Earth is doing fine. Sure, its got some pollution, but it isn't going to die from it...we are.

• Members

We're not a disease, we are a parasite. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. That said, Mother Earth is doing fine. Sure, its got some pollution, but it isn't going to die from it...we are.

A disease is defined as a disorder that produces symptoms. So you can be a disease and a parasite. I agree with you though...humans are parasitic, but then again all life is.

• Members

A disease is defined as a disorder that produces symptoms. So you can be a disease and a parasite. I agree with you though...humans are parasitic, but then again all life is.

No, I wouldn't say all life is parasitic.

All life is symbiotic.

Think about it...

• Members

It occurs to me that man is nothing more than a disease to mother Earth. Only after we kill each other off will Earth be able to heal itself.

Agree?

Earth will be fine no matter what we do. We are the only organism to worry about earth, on earth. Whether it disappears or not is irrelevant to any other species. So really, we are the life of earth. So {censored} you.

• Members

Our current nuclear arsenal could destroy 100% of life on earth.

False. For one, there are all sorts of bacteria in the ground that we couldn't harm. There's a good chance there has been at least one event in history in which the oceans were vaporized and the surface of the earth was sanitized, but life continued underground anyways.

Archived