Let's get something straight...

soundgardener75

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both are outside my top 100 however Collective Soul does not rank. Formulaic chick pop rock.

I saw your post after this and I say to that is: Fair enough.

The guys just loved playing music and tours incessantly, money's not even a factor with these guys, but fortunately they get paid really well for playing something they truly love. This is about as happy, feel good rock that I can proudly say I love. Formulaic chick pop rock... sure. Sometimes the simplest things just work.

• Members

I already started a thread to do with this, and think you are {censored}ing insane. But we are all entitled to our own opinions. I bought one Collective Soul album. It was the one with "Shine" on it. I liked the song, but not anything else, so I sold the album to this chicks little brother.

I think you're insane for posting a thread about someone else's subjective opinion instead of just posting here.

• Members

I've never heard anything from CS that stood out. I never heard anything from FF that stood out after their first effort. :idk: CS is good at what they do, but I don't see what separates them from anyone else who does that type of stuff except for pure personal taste. To say they are objectively better songwriters or musicians than the Foo Fighters is just something you can't really back up with anything other than "I like them more."

Just my .02 :idk:

• Members
I've never heard anything from CS that stood out. I never heard anything from FF that stood out after their first effort.
:idk:
CS is good at what they do, but I don't see what separates them from anyone else who does that type of stuff except for pure personal taste. To say they are objectively better songwriters or musicians than the Foo Fighters is just something you can't really back up with anything other than "I like them more."

Just my .02
:idk:

No worries! I'm glad you posted your point of view!

I own most of CS's albums (realized earlier that I don't have Afterwords). My eldest sister is a fan of the Foos, as well as a cousin whom I am close with.

I only owned One By One because that album, from start to finish, was really good. The rest of their albums, the latest I have yet to hear, I'm not too fond of, just doesn't do anything for me.

It is true, CS's songwriting moves me better than FF's.

• Members

Hmmm. Both are great bands. Collective soul are very hit or miss for me. Most of their songs are great, but a few are just :freak: for example smashing young man. I mean, wtf is that?

conversely, i honestly just plain dont like almost every song on foo fighters first album. However, the colour and the shape still is, and likely will be, one of the all time great albums.

Therefore, I'm not really sure i have an opinion one way or the other on this one. :idk:

• Members
Chie are you off your meds again? :-> CS are ok but i personally like the FF better (not that either is a big fav)

Hey Bob, glad to see you sign up here! I'll let the guys know, if only you signed up on fb, would you believe Ed (OldFart) and Nick (nmoyrandi) signing up there? You should too!

And no, I'm not on any meds, and I haven't had coffee yet either. :lol: I l:love:ve CS!

Archived