Joe Bonamassa is just awesome

Neilrocks25

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I normally don't enjoy players at his skill level but he blows me away. definitely one of my favorite players all around, for playing and tone.

wtf, the gear page people slag him??? I figured he'd be swatting them away from his nuts for all the boutique gear he plays. Is it because he still uses a production model Marshall?? seriously though, joe is a class act and a monster player. ANother reason to say, {censored} tgp. I've met people from that {censored} fest and they're always losers.

• Members

birkenstocks and tevo phaggotry with socks to boot

we stopped inviting them to the ampfests, because they whined too much about everyone else being awesome.

"ouchy, can you turn down that metal please??"

Watching that JB thing on Palladia it looked like Joe's entire crowd was the socks with sandles type. The dentist with a Harley, a 69 ______ muscle car in the garage and the boutique amp + PRS or Gibson guitar sitting on display in his house.

• Members

ive watched him grow through the years ,as a blues playa,he has everday problems,love life is up+down,turmoils,BUT, he really turns to his ONE PASSION ,his guitar,and he seems to roll alll of his life experiances into his playing, and he EVOLVES,GROWS,and seems to me he takes the bull by the horns,nuthin stops this cat, hendrix never had the time to grow, joe beat him to it!!

• Members

Watching that JB thing on Palladia it looked like Joe's entire crowd was the socks with sandles type. The dentist with a Harley, a 69 ______ muscle car in the garage and the boutique amp + PRS or Gibson guitar sitting on display in his house.

the gweebs with the inflatable guitars made me cringe. it was awkward because they should have been embarrassed.

• Members

I normally don't enjoy players at his skill level but he blows me away. definitely one of my favorite players all around, for playing and tone.

wtf, the gear page people slag him??? I figured he'd be swatting them away from his nuts for all the boutique gear he plays. Is it because he still uses a production model Marshall?? seriously though, joe is a class act and a monster player. ANother reason to say, {censored} tgp. I've met people from that {censored} fest and they're always losers.

Funny enough, someone was complaining that he can't play the blues 'cause he has "ten grands worth of equipment"

I'm a massive fan of Joe's and think he's an incredible player. Whether he's bland or not is...well if you only listen to metal then some of the slower stuff might bore you maybe that's why people think he's a bit tame...

And when I say "you", I mean "you" as a collective term. "One" would be a better choice.

• Members

Funny enough, someone was complaining that he can't play the blues 'cause he has "ten grands worth of equipment"

I'm a massive fan of Joe's and think he's an incredible player. Whether he's bland or not is...well if you only listen to metal then some of the slower stuff might bore you maybe that's why people think he's a bit tame...

And when I say "you", I mean "you" as a collective term. "One" would be a better choice.

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people out there who listen to all types of music, including "slow" music still find him bland.

I've not really taken time to listen to him that much. It's obvious he can play though. I remember hearing some older stuff and it boring me to tears, but some more recent stuff seems to be a bit more interesting. I'll give it a bit more time before passing judgement, but I think it's going to end up in the "boring white boy blues camp" for me.

He was a big time session player before branching out on his own right? Or at least more known for that then his own work? Sorry, I've known of him for a long time, but don't really know much about him.

• Members

I've not really heard a lot of Joe, just youtube stuff. Nothing that's grabbed me so far, but I'm keeping my ears open.

Does Joe do originals?? I have read some criticism about the fact that he plays so many cover songs. The complaint was that he doesn't acknowledge the original artists at his shows either.

Not much to get upset about, just wondering if this is others opinion around here too?

• Members

I've not really heard a lot of Joe, just youtube stuff. Nothing that's grabbed me so far, but I'm keeping my ears open.

Does Joe do originals?? I have read some criticism about the fact that he plays so many cover songs. The complaint was that he doesn't acknowledge the original artists at his shows either.

Not much to get upset about, just wondering if this is others opinion around here too?

Joe does lots of originals, he also does some covers, both of classic rock songs and blues standards, which is pretty much standard procedure for most blues artists who do the exact same thing. He doesn't always take the time to announce every single artist that he covers on each individual song, in fact, he doesn't really talk much at all live, but he does mention them from time to time, something else that's pretty much s.o.p., particularly for blues acts.

He's had no problem acknowledging those artists and his other influences in interviews, though, and any artist or band he covers on record has their names in the songwriting credits, gets paid whatever licensing fee is required, and best of all, gets their music put back out into the public eye by a popular younger musician, something that's a pretty common occurrence in popular music. Do you suppose all the rap acts who lift half of their creativity from other people take the time to announce every act they sample when they... "play" live, for instance?

Archived