SNAKES(kin) ON A JET....SssCITY!!! (YOUTUBE RATM COVER)

Johansolo

• Members

cheers all!

FWIW...i did manage to record a much better (IMO) lead (i improvised it so every take was slightly diffrent) but because im using a new camera/tripod, when i went to watch the vid upload, all it filmed was...my crotch!!!

• Members

looks hot. how much were the materials in total to retolex? I've been thinking about going white snake skin for a while. how much was the grill btw?

i got the snakeskin in a huge group order on another forum, i think the guy who organised it had a trade card with lopo line? not sure but i got it cheaper because of his kindness. in order to do it with the skin running horizontally(the way i did it) you will need 2 yards!

RE the grill...i had a lot of trouble googling/researching on ebay

type in grill and you get bbqs, type in mesh, and you get chicken wire/horse stuff

perforated metal sheets is what you want to search, some metal fab shops sell them...

i got lucky, just posted a wanted on another forum and some guy had it and just charged me postage

so for my tolex/metal grill project, cost me under $50AUD inc postage.

i have workshop/tools so cutting the grill wasnt an issue (just be careful and make sure to file off the rough edges) but i wanted to bend it so it the edge near the knobs,panels was rounded...that was a total b#tch of a job.

• Members

i got the snakeskin in a huge group order on another forum, i think the guy who organised it had a trade card with lopo line? not sure but i got it cheaper because of his kindness. in order to do it with the skin running horizontally(the way i did it) you will need 2 yards!

RE the grill...i had a lot of trouble googling/researching on ebay

type in grill and you get bbqs, type in mesh, and you get chicken wire/horse stuff

perforated metal sheets is what you want to search, some metal fab shops sell them...

i got lucky, just posted a wanted on another forum and some guy had it and just charged me postage

so for my tolex/metal grill project, cost me under $50AUD inc postage.

i have workshop/tools so cutting the grill wasnt an issue (just be careful and make sure to file off the rough edges) but i wanted to bend it so it the edge near the knobs,panels was rounded...that was a total b#tch of a job.

Sounds good. I'm sure i can get an appropriate grill at lowes or home depot or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

im thinking about picking up a jet city cab...
(i just have a thing for matching heads/cabs)
jca20h-half1x12_thumbnail.jpg
and since i have some left over snakeskin tolex...i could just use that up to cover the blue baffle part on the cab?
that could look quite nice with the head
P1020729.jpg
(a full matching snakeskin cab would be "too gawdy")

is there such a thing as "too much snakeskin?"

Archived