Grilled chicken breast always too dry. What do differnt?

cap'n'crunch

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can cook a steak med.rare and juicy on the same gas grill. Chicken thighs and wings always come out good too but, I can't get boneless chicken breast right. Too dry. Any one have any good tips?

Marinate it.

Edit: Or maybe buy chicken thighs instead. Smaller, but more tender and tastier IMO.

• Members

Aluminium foil wrapped around with a little opening on top usually does the trick for me. That way, it's cooked in its own juice (and maybe a little scoop of butter), and usually gets succulent and nice when I don't grill it too long.

• Members

Marinate in something that will penetrate (lolz).

Pop on grill, cook long enough to get good lattice marks on the breast from the grill surface.

Remove from grill, pop in oven at 350 degrees.

Check in 15 minutes, stick thermometer (calibrated) into the thickest part of breast, make sure it is 165 degrees or more.

Pull out of oven (lolz), let sit in its own juices while cooling.

Serve over rice = profit.

• Members

LIke has been said, make sure to sear it first, then let it cook the rest of the way. If you throw meat (steak, chicken, burgers) on the grill and it doesn't sizzle, it's not hot enough. You sear it, which creates a layer that keeps the moisture in while it's cooking the rest of the way. If you just throw it on there on medium heat, all the juices just piss away.

• Members

this man knows his {censored}.

marinate in italian dressing and sear then indirect heat. if i use salts to season i only use lemon pepper salt + olive oil BEFORE it hits the grill.

:lol: Grilling is the only cooking I'm good at.

Well, that & Duncan Hines.

• Members

lol @ all the secrets from the pros.

I just grilled up chicken breasts Friday night. No marinade, nothing. Just fresh ones from the store. Popped them on, cooked them till they were JUST done right, and voila. THE best and most juicy chicken breasts I've ever eaten in my life. Most people cook them to death.

Get thick ones too, they hold the juices better.

• Members
lol @ all the secrets from the pros.

I just grilled up chicken breasts Friday night. No marinade, nothing. Just fresh ones from the store. Popped them on, cooked them till they were JUST done right, and voila. THE best and most juicy chicken breasts I've ever eaten in my life. Most people cook them to death.

Get thick ones too, they hold the juices better.

There's more than one way, you know :D Yours in not the ONLY way of making them juicy. It's just one of them.

• Members

There's more than one way, you know
:D
Yours in not the ONLY way of making them juicy. It's just one of them.

I agree, my point was that you don't have to go Indiana Jones on it. Just throw it on the grill at a good temp, and don't cook it till it resembles your shoe. :lol:

Archived