What amp are you still wanting to 'try out/play"...?

***1776***

• Members

Why wouldn't you buy a Splawn? My Nitro is one of the best I've owned.

I have an inherent distrust of anyone who uses religion to sell a product.

Is Peter Diezel, Reinhold Bogner, Mark Cameron, Mike Fortin, or any other top notch amp builder a Christian? I'd guess at least one of those mentioned are. Do they feel the need to wear their religion on their sleeve? Scott uses religion to sell his product...imo it's unethical.

I still want to hear what I'm missing...I just can't help support him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Peter Diezel, Reinhold Bogner, Mark Cameron, Mike Fortin, or any other top notch amp builder a Christian? I'd guess at least one of those mentioned are. Do they feel the need to put scripture and other stuff on/in the amps? Scott uses religion to sell his product...imo it's unethical.

Haha awesome. And yeah, it is unethical. Well at least someone can consider unethical, like yourself. I like that. He should just call his amps Jesus, or Mother Mary amplification.. that way everyone's tits are out on the table

• Members

Mohave Dirtyboy

Z. Wreck

DAR Quattro/Forza

Diaz

Mesa Boogie mk2c+ coliseum

3 Monkeys Orangutan (heard in person but didn't get my paws on it)

Little Walter 50 watter 2 channel.

I once had a huge list but in the last 2 years I've played sooooo many great amps that now it looks like im on the short road.

• Members

I'm somewhat curious to try an Axe-FX II, but not really dying to or anything.

I'm sure there's plenty of amps out there I'd really like if I played 'em, but I don't really feel any great need to try any out or go back to gear whoring or anything.

Actually, those little Tweaker amps seem pretty cool. Wouldn't mind trying one of those I guess. :idk:

• Members

Is Peter Diezel, Reinhold Bogner, Mark Cameron, Mike Fortin, or any other top notch amp builder a Christian? I'd guess at least one of those mentioned are. Do they feel the need to wear their religion on their sleeve? Scott uses religion to sell his product...imo it's unethical.

yeah i think it is rather disturbing the way scott goes about writing quotes from the bible in his headshells.would I rather it not be there?yes! but he does make one hell of an amp...

• Members
Haven't even received my Titan yet, but I'm already gassing for a Peters

lol

:lol:

that describes 80% of this place --- I just realized in this thread there are ALOT more amps that i want to try out and play in person, i dont think this {censored} ever ends, does it really?

• Members

I think that's silly and I'm as atheisitic as the next guy. lol. Hell, I paid twice as much to send my kids to pre-school because I didn't want them to go to one run by a church. Honestly though, I really couldn't care less about what other people do with their religious beliefs. He as never come accross as pushing religion to me, or even religious for that matter, when I've talked to him on the phone. Hell I didn't even know about the bible verses in the amps until after I sold my first Nitro. I don't care if there's one in my current amp. It sounds bad ass. Hell when I first heard a clip of the Nitro, it was of Scott playing a Lamb of God riff - not exactly stalwarts of the christian cause given their prior name of burn the priest. lol. I don't see anything on his web-site that espouses christian beliefs - though it might be there - I haven't looked for it specifically. It's not like its a surreal with a jesus fish on the logo. lol

PS....maybe there's a bible verse in your Herbert.:cop:

• Members
I think that's silly and I'm as atheisitic as the next guy. lol. Hell, I paid twice as much to send my kids to pre-school because I didn't want them to go to one run by a church. Honestly though, I really couldn't care less about what other people do with their religious beliefs. He as never come accross as pushing religion to me, or even religious for that matter, when I've talked to him on the phone. Hell I didn't even know about the bible verses in the amps until after I sold my first Nitro. I don't care if there's one in my current amp. It sounds bad ass. Hell when I first heard a clip of the Nitro, it was of Scott playing a Lamb of God riff - not exactly stalwarts of the christian cause given their prior name of burn the priest. lol. I don't see anything on his web-site that espouses christian beliefs - though it might be there - I haven't looked for it specifically. It's not like its a surreal with a jesus fish on the logo. lol

PS....maybe there's a bible verse in your Herbert.
:cop:

lol yeah matt,scott is a cool guy I spoke to him several times when I had my first nitro.I do remember the owners manual having some christian crap in it too...lol

• Members

i dont think this {censored} ever ends, does it really?

For me it sort of has. Yes I would like to have a go on an 800 or bassman but if I don't get the opportunity I won't be upset :o I get a good enough toane from my GH50L, can't be arsed searching for "the tone" as this makes me happy most of the time.

• Members

PS....maybe there's a bible verse in your Herbert.
:cop:

If it makes you feel better I wouldn't want an amp built by a professed Satanist either...and I wouldn't want them teaching my kid.

I'm not anti Christian...just anti religion. ALL religions.

Splawn's "about us" page is worth a read.

He's also kinda goofy about gut shots and proprietary design...on amps he stole from Jim Marshall. :snax:

Peter Diezel is German...so if there's some scripture in my amp, at least I couldn't read it. :thu:

Archived