Deicide video cover... single-coil stratocaster death metal!

thinkpad20

• Members

I wouldn't say I'm a convert or anything, but I'm quite pleasantly surprised at how well these pickups can handle teh br00tz, especially the kind of jamgly tone Deicide gets on Legion. I got this strat for free from my friend who works for Tokai; it plays like a dream but I don't really play anything strat-ish. But perhaps I can expand my horizons...

1dvWCQ2nTYI

• Members

In the name of Satan,

I condemn this image of god

I AM A KEY!!!!!!!

Such a great album.

Ane yeah the SC seemed to work fine

Love that part... although it's {censored}ing tiring on the right hand to down-pick that unbroken string of palm-muted 4ths... argh. As for the single coils, they definitely have a "jangle" to them, although it's less pronounced than I would have thought, and I don't know how they would handle low tunings (this is E standard). But, it's certainly a decent enough showing that I can probably at the very least use the guitar for things like covering other songs written in non-downtuned guitars, and possibly for my own purposes as well.

• Members

dude, with your talent you should branch out with that Strat and discover some new sonic weapons for your skillset :thu:

will listen to video later.

However, I will say I've been exclusively using single coil Teles/Strats for a few years now, and don't plan on changing back. Not that singles are better than buckers or vice versa, but for me, SC's are where it's at. :)

• Members

Awesome playing and I like the jangly SC tones. I have a traditional SC guitar coming my way in September. I can't wait! I am looking forward to changing things up with my playing. With your talent you could really make things interesting with the brootz.

• Members

dude, with your talent you should branch out with that Strat and discover some new sonic weapons for your skillset
:thu:

will listen to video later.

However, I will say I've been exclusively using single coil Teles/Strats for a few years now, and don't plan on changing back. Not that singles are better than buckers or vice versa, but for me, SC's are where it's at.
:)

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment:thu: there are so many genres/styles I have yet to explore, but I always put off learning them, not out of lack of interest but more lack of willpower/courage to face the task of learning a whole new style, haha. Plus, there are other guys who do everything I do except do it WAY better, and more besides... I see it kind of like a language; at this point I'm pretty fluent in Japanese and could conceivably just be happy with where I am and start studying another language, but the prospect of taking on a new language is scary, and plus I still have so much more left to learn in Japanese. Iffy analogy maybe but it might make sense to some. :p

I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't watch the video; this isn't exactly your style haha. Although who knows; maybe it'll grab you. It's certainly one of the catchier songs in the death metal realm. :cool:

• Members

So, hold on a second, let me get a few things straight here.

1.) We don't see you around for awhile.

2.) You reappear in a few threads.

3.) You decide to announce your presence with a Deicide cover, on a strat, with single coils?

OK.

Oh and, as usual, good stuff.

• Members

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment:thu: there are so many genres/styles I have yet to explore, but I always put off learning them, not out of lack of interest but more lack of willpower/courage to face the task of learning a whole new style, haha. Plus, there are other guys who do everything I do except do it WAY better, and more besides... I see it kind of like a language; at this point I'm pretty fluent in Japanese and could conceivably just be happy with where I am and start studying another language, but the prospect of taking on a new language is scary, and plus I still have so much more left to learn in Japanese. Iffy analogy maybe but it might make sense to some.
:p

I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't watch the video; this isn't exactly your style haha. Although who knows; maybe it'll grab you. It's certainly one of the catchier songs in the death metal realm.
:cool:

I completely understand and to piggy back on that, I'm still having trouble with English which is why I don't branch out at all :D So I stick with my sloppy Indie rock, because taking on the task of learning how to play properly, and then extend that to other genres is daunting to say the least.

Either way, I used to be a Metal head, and can definitely appreciate the skill going in to these clips. Plus I like your playing style :rawk:

• Members

So, hold on a second, let me get a few things straight here.

1.) We don't see you around for awhile.

2.) You reappear in a few threads.

3.) You decide to announce your presence with a Deicide cover, on a strat, with single coils?

OK.

Oh and, as usual, good stuff.

Yeah, I kind of went on hiatus for a year or so. No real reason. And actually I announced my presence with a Demilich cover, on a Washburn with humbuckers, a couple of weeks ago :D (I've been in and out since).

• Members

Yeah, I kind of went on hiatus for a year or so. No real reason. And actually I
announced my presence with a Demilich cover
, on a Washburn with humbuckers, a couple of weeks ago
:D
(I've been in and out since).

Was out of town then.....missed that one.

I think I'm going to go work on a Clapton cover on my POS Warlock with EMG's.....be right back.

Archived