Well another marriage down the drain: Mine

grwhitefan

• Members

We've been married 17 years, have 2 kids, ages 12 & 8. I am by no means perfect, but I try very hard....have apologized when I've done something wrong. She has issues with my drinking (I do it occasionally, & keep it away from her). She says I don't show enough affection (not one of my strong points).

I love my wife & kids dearly, would die for them. I am a good father, bath my kids, read them stories at night, do laundry, clean the house, help my wife with things to make things easier on her, give her breaks. I've given 100% the last year trying to better myself & be a better husband.....not good enough, or too late possibly. I pray for her & my kids alot.

My wife is lost. She spends hours typing away on her stupid Blackberry. Claims she's always talking to "her sister" or "a friend", or on Facebook. I know she's probably chatting it up with some guy. She lied to me in May (said she was just getting away for a few days), & flew to LA to see this guy (I also found some emails, & an airline ticket in her purse). She has pulled away from me over the past year-and-a-half.

I've agree to move out; I'm in the process of finding a place. We are not divorcing or legally separating, but I know where this is all leading. We will probably break this to our kids in the next week. The scary thing is......how my wife is acting. Very cold & distant, like she doesn't care. She is not the same person I married.

WTF?? Well I'm going to do the best to be there for my kids, & to be a good person. I did not want this. I think Satan is doing his best to destroy marriages, because it is happening all around us, even in our neighborhood.

Thanks for letting me vent.

{censored} her. If she cheats, in my book, she's gone

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife is lost. She spends hours typing away on her stupid Blackberry. Claims she's always talking to "her sister" or "a friend", or on Facebook. I know she's probably chatting it up with some guy. She lied to me in May (said she was just getting away for a few days), & flew to LA to see this guy (I also found some emails, & an airline ticket in her purse). She has pulled away from me over the past year-and-a-half.

I would've kicked her sorry ass out at this point..... Told her she may as well just stay in LA.

• Members

Being a good person and treating people with respect does not mean being a sucker and not protecting yourself. Too many people confuse being a nice guy with being a {censored}. Talk to your wife and see if you can work things out, but keep a strong lawyer on a retainer throughout the whole process. Just saying.

This. This is where people get confused. Being nice isn't laying down like a floormat to your bank account.

• Members

Hmmm, you know.......I was thinking maybe I should go talk to a lawyer. How come none of you told me this???? :p

I agree.....she may be acting civil, but I need to think ahead. I think to some degree she's lost touch with reality......so I probably shouldn't assume she'll be level-headed about things.

I am going to call one very soon here.

• Members

Dunno if it's already been said in here or not, but in some states, when the husband voluntarily leaves the house, that automatically puts him in a position of weakness in the divorce proceedings.

you should really talk to a lawyer before doing anything, including moving out.

• Members

It seems like a lot of women these days grow up with a fairytale idea of love and marriage. When reality sets in after being married, they then want the thrill of "romance" and "courtship." Maybe, the chance to feel young again. Women don't have to worry about losing their children when they cheat or run off with another man whereas men have the fear of losing their children (custody of the children and the ability to be in their lives everyday). Women get to cheat, keep the children and the men have to pay child support. Its a win win situation for them. Of course, not all women are this way, but I think they are trending that way. Perhaps it all started with women's lib.

• Members

women are better parents

bull. {censored}ing. {censored}.

your ex/wife may be a better parent than you, but it doesn't mean that women in general are better parents. that mentality is why so many fantastic fathers get stuck with part time parenthood and a child support bill, and it pisses me off.

also, i like how her "friend" is going through an amicable divorce with no lawyers...sounds pretty convenient to me. if i knew my marriage was on the skids and heard some {censored} like that, i'd be shopping around for the best divorce lawyer in the area.

Archived