Beer Nerds.....what's in your cellar?

mhenson42

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is GLORIOUS!

I am surprised you put Pliny the Elder in the "beer noob" category. That beer, in my opinion, is not for noobs. I acknowledge that you might be a stout guy, but the IPAs aren't necessarily for beginners.

Anyhow, I have a few bottles of Pliny, some Port Brewing stuff, some Anderson Valley and Rogue brews, and a bunch of Stone Chocolate Cherry Stout.

• Members

That is GLORIOUS!

I am surprised you put Pliny the Elder in the "beer noob" category. That beer, in my opinion, is not for noobs. I acknowledge that you might be a stout guy, but the IPAs aren't necessarily for beginners.

Anyhow, I have a few bottles of Pliny, some Port Brewing stuff, some Anderson Valley and Rogue brews, and a bunch of Stone Chocolate Cherry Stout.

That was an empty bottle. lol. I agree not a beer noob beer. I meant the shiner, mexican brews and the fruity beers my wife likes. Pliney is good, but I think it's overrated.

• Members

You have great taste in beer .... I should know, I like a lot of what have there !

The only thing I'm cellaring at the moment is a bottle of Dechutes "The Abyss" from last year. Most of my favorites are IPAs and pales ales which don't age well. Sierra Nevada has been surprising me lately with a lot of their offerings. The estate beers, Hoptimum and now the Ovila Abby offerings ( my favorite american Saison after The Bruwery's ).

Cheers !

• Members

Have you busted into those Westvleterns yet? Or at least try some when you were in Belgium? What's the verdict?

And give more details on the Mikkeller!

I just took those pictures today. I doubt I'll crack anything really soon. I bought things to bring home I hadn't even tried yet, except the La Trappe. Tried that on tap at the Delirium Cafe and it was outstanding. At 8 euros for 15cl, lol.

Archived