Judas Priest and BLS last night in Denver

gsxrbusa

• Members

Sorry no pics this time. Was too damn far away.

I had not planned on seeing this show. Was disappointed with the fact KK was not playing, so I didn't feel compelled to buy tix. To me it has always been Tipton and Downing. I wanted to remember them in the classic lineup. Fast forward to friday night. I'm three sheets to the wind when I receive a phone call from the other guitarist in me band. He says he has a an extra ticket, so what the hell it is the last tour. I'm in.

Priest delivers time and time again. New guitarist ( Richie Faulkner) was no exception. He was quite good. Looks like he was playing LP's and a Gibby Flying V. Tone was typical Priest fashion. From afar the dude looks like Doug Aldrich. Or a Randy clone.

Glen was using the usual Hamer lineup. I always liked his Hamer's, thought they looked neat.

Scott Travis is a MONSTER drummer. That dude has added a lot to this band imo. The dude is solid as hell and adds a lot of his own sound to the classics. I have seen him 3 or 4 times now with JP. The dude can play, no doubt.

Rob is a freakin machine. Not sure how old he is but to hit those high notes at his age is more than commendable. An unmistakable metal voice for the ages.

Setlist

Rapid Fire

Metal Gods

Heading Out to the Highway

Judas Rising

Starbreaker

Victim of Changes

Never Satisfied

Diamonds & Rust

(Joan Baez cover)

Dawn Of Creation

Prophecy

Night Crawler

Turbo Lover

Beyond the Realms of Death

The Sentinel

Blood Red Skies

The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)

(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Breaking the Law

Painkiller

Encore:

The Hellion

Electric Eye

Hell Bent for Leather

You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Encore 2:

Living After Midnight

BLS delivered as usual. Zakk Was on point. He had a HUGE wall of Marshalls behind them running the full length of the stage. I'm sure they were props but they all had lights in the heads to appear functional. Pretty cool.

We were waiting on the guy who gave us the free tix so we missed Thin Lizzy. That kinda bummed me out. Would have like to see them. We did get to hear a few songs from inside the building but still missed it.

Overall I am glad I went. I was stone cold sober due to the previous night's debauchery.

CSB

judas_priest_111115_250.jpgjudas-priest-embark-on-farewell-tour-wit

Archived