Pizza is a Vegetable?

PaoloJM

• Members

School nutrition is in dire need of reform. There is honestly no excuse for the utter {censored} they are feeding our nation's youth. The only way to {censored} on their Christmas is for every parent to be a little bit more responsible and pack their kid's lunch, in protest, but wait, this Uhmurrica, we don't have many responsible parents here.

Quinoa, half a chicken breast, apple, baby spinach, water - $3.25~ power-packed nutritious lunch.

• Members

School nutrition is in dire need of reform. There is honestly no excuse for the utter {censored} they are feeding our nation's youth. The only way to {censored} on their Christmas is for every parent to be a little bit more responsible and pack their kid's lunch, in protest, but wait, this Uhmurrica, we don't have many responsible parents here.

Quinoa, half a chicken breast, apple, baby spinach, water - $3.25~ power-packed nutritious lunch.

:thu: The USDA and FDA are so full of {censored} its {censored}ing scary. In fact the only people that are more full of {censored} are the people that follow their "food Pyramid"

• Members
:thu:
The USDA and FDA are so full of {censored} its {censored}ing scary. In fact the only people that are more full of {censored} are the people that follow their "food Pyramid"

Yeah, the food pyramid isn't absolutely terrible, but what they consider to be a "serving of vegetables" and "serving of grain" is absolutely {censored}ing disgusting. Apparently I can eat a piece of pizza and a bowl of apple jacks for breakfast and get my servings of vegetables, fruit, and grain.

I AM HEALTHY, I AM UMURRICAN, I FOLLOW TEH PYRAMID

funny_fat_guy_shitters_full.jpg

• Members

Yeah, the food pyramid isn't absolutely terrible, but what they consider to be a "serving of vegetables" and "serving of grain" is absolutely {censored}ing disgusting. Apparently I can eat a piece of pizza and a bowl of apple jacks for breakfast and get my servings of vegetables, fruit, and grain.

I AM HEALTHY, I AM UMURRICAN, I FOLLOW TEH PYRAMID

funny_fat_guy_shitters_full.jpg

Its not terrible if you follow it properly...but PIZZA A VEGETABLE? What next Potato chips a veggie? how about Corn Syrup? Technically you can call some beer "Bread in a bottle" dose that mean it falls under the grains? If so we can have a couple of 6 packs and fill that quota....not a terrible idea actually :idea:

I just see this as congress shifting the definitions to more suit the population than the actual facts.

• Members
Its not terrible if you follow it properly...but PIZZA A VEGETABLE? What next Potato chips a veggie? how about Corn Syrup? Technically you can call some beer "Bread in a bottle" dose that mean it falls under the grains? If so we can have a couple of 6 packs and fill that quota....not a terrible idea actually
:idea:

I just see this as congress shifting the definitions to more suit the population than the actual facts.

It's fine with me. With my current line of work and future line of work, that just means more lives to improve. :love:

• Members
Its not terrible if you follow it properly...but PIZZA A VEGETABLE? What next Potato chips a veggie? how about Corn Syrup? Technically you can call some beer "Bread in a bottle" dose that mean it falls under the grains? If so we can have a couple of 6 packs and fill that quota....not a terrible idea actually
:idea:

Pretty sure the "tomato sauce is a vegetable" was a result of some very efficient lobbying - not popular demand.

French fries are considered vegetables in schools as well.

Man, if any politicians tried that {censored} here, they'd get lynched :D

Archived