have you mixed 12T75's with V'30s in a cab?

Lucius

• Members

My Herbert runs thru a 2x75 2xv30 x-pattern Legacy cab. It's the sound I hear in my head.

I've also got a 1960b with all 75's. I prefer the Legacy by a mile...but as with everything else, "Horses for courses"...what are you running into it?

Also...Isn't the Ubercab a 2 + 2?

• Members

My uberkab comes standard that way. Love it. The 75's balance out the 30's and vice versa. Although, when we play a show, I'm adamant that they mic the 30 for obvious reasons. I've used it with an Uberschall, Deliverance, Savage and 6505+. Best results from the last two IMO.

• Members

Running three different amps into it (not at once duh). 5150, Recto, and my GSP1101 rig. I've got two cabs, my Marshall 1960B with the 75's and my H&K cab with the V'30s. They sound {censored}ing huge together but I don't like carrying two cabs around. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

If you mix speakers in a cab, then eq your amp for the two mixed but only mic up 1 when you play live, doesnt that completely throw your mic'd sound out since youve eqd for both speakers? Or do you just trust the engineer to "fix" that?

• Members

If you mix speakers in a cab, then eq your amp for the two mixed but only mic up 1 when you play live, doesnt that completely throw your mic'd sound out since youve eqd for both speakers? Or do you just trust the engineer to "fix" that?

Meh, its the sound guys job to make me sound like god. Don't {censored} with them and they won't {censored} with you. I don't sit there and tweak it with him or anything. Sound check for me is more like a volume check the sound guy can work with then they ensuring the sound is coming out the house. /end Cheers, Lucius

• Members

I have G12T75's and V30's in a Kress 4x12 (local cab builder). I love that cab! Sounds great with every amp that I own!

I find your profile pic to be both disturbing and sexist. With that said, I'm switching out my speakers in both cabs tonite and giving it a run at band practice on friday. Thanks for all the help dudes et dudettes! Cheers, Lucius

• Members

Ubercab here, stock. I've tried a lot of other combos and come back to V30-T75, and its staying. Great sound in the room, as others have said, they fill each others holes (hehe) and it takes lots of amps well (at least as well as each on their own in most cases and in many, better), and versatile micing up.

• Members

Its a great sounding mix but the V30s definitely dominate the sound. I prefer the V30/H30 mix for this type of thing. Much more even between the two and I think it just sounds fuller/less harsh than the V30/T75 mix does.

What will you do come playing live and its time to mic though?

You'll be dialing in the sound based off the mix of the two but most likely only be micing one speaker.

I used to be all about mixing speakers because it does sound really great however live practicality ultimately shied me away from it.

• Members

My Herbert runs thru a 2x75 2xv30 x-pattern Legacy cab. It's the sound I hear in my head.

I've also got a 1960b with all 75's. I prefer the Legacy by a mile...but as with everything else, "Horses for courses"...what are you running into it?

Also...Isn't the Ubercab a 2 + 2?

I have my Legacy 4x12 with v30s/g12t75s and its awesome. The grittyness of the 75s balance out the bassyness of the V30s

• Members

i play with two 4x12's, one with 75's and one with v30's. i'm pretty happy with it. i have a separate head and dirt signal going to each cab, so it's not that comparable to a cab with two of each, but they balance each other pretty well.

Yup me too but I don't want to lug around two cabs anymore. cheers, Lucius

Archived