OT: How much income did you make this year?

Bored Anon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I make decent money... in the lower 75-100k range but I'm sick of my job. Well, I'm not sick of my job per se, I'm just sick of the corporate world altogether. I've been thinking about doing a 360 and going to trade school for electronics or auto-mechanic or anything that doesn't involve working in an office. But it's hard when you're comfortable with your life.

• Members

I make decent money... in the lower 75-100k range but I'm sick of my job. Well, I'm not sick of my job per se, I'm just sick of the corporate world altogether. I've been thinking about doing a 360 and going to trade school for electronics or auto-mechanic or anything that doesn't involve working in an office. But it's hard when you're comfortable with your life.

The one thing that irks the eff out of me with the, 'corporate world' is the amount of paperwork that has to be done in the hopes of avoiding liability.

Today, I started my new job, first day. You know what I did? 6 hours of videos with tests in a computer. Tests about sexual harassment and my understanding of it, etc.

Srs. I had to watch videos where dudes tell a girl her new hair it is nice- is this a form of sexual harassment.

What. The. {censored}.

{censored}.

It's like every decision made has to be filtered through 5 different people to a guy that actually makes the decision. Then, the decision is filtered back down through the same 5 people with 15 pages of guidelines being added at every step. :facepalm:

I was a diesel mechanic for big rigs in juco. I miss that job. Only time my boss ever talked to me was when he was bored and it was just to shoot the breeze. He didn't give a {censored} how or what I did, so long as the truck was fixed. Corporate America :fuuuuuu:

• Members

nobody makes 25-40k!??

:lol:

the fukk

I do because I worked overtime.

I've always been told not to ask how much someone makes, but I never understood why. I have no problem sharing how much I make with people. When/if I ask someone I've always felt that if they make more than me it's because they work hard/have better credentials. Also it gives me an idea of fields I may consider going into.

An internet forum may be the only place where it might remotely be ok to ask and avoid it being rude or tacky.

I suppose a more interesting question would be "how much do you have in your savings account"

• Members

I did something similar I changed my occupation at 40. At first I took a big cut in income, but now 10 years later I make even more than I would have in my old job, I have more freedom & less stress. It's not easy making the change, but it is worth the struggle.

• Members

I did something similar I changed my occupation at 40. At first I took a big cut in income, but now 10 years later I make even more than I would have in my old job, I have more freedom & less stress. It's not easy making the change, but it is worth the struggle.

Tell me more about it.. what were you doing before and what are you doing now?

• Members

It's a forum full of useless wastes of space who hang out in dive bars playing {censored}ty metal music and clinging to every {censored}ing "metal" stereotype known to man. What did you expect.

And guys, he's right.

Don't pick on him because it says "Junior Member" under his name.

{censored}ing Nazis.

• Members

Tell me more about it.. what were you doing before and what are you doing now?

My background is in Mechanical engineering & Metal fabrication. I was a General Foreman/ production manager before moving to Australia.

When I came here I went back on my tools for a few years & eventually took on an apprenticeship as an electrician. It was hard, I earned less per week as an apprentice as I did in a day working on pressure vessels. It was worth it though. Now I am an operator at a gas fired power station. The money is great, I have alot of freedom in choosing the hours I work & I have complete autonomy in runnig the plant. As long as it makes power & the paperwork is done they leave me alone.

Billy, you're still young, so don't be afraid of change. There are heaps of opportunities out there for someone like yourself, but they are not going to come to you. You have to stick your neck out a bit & take on some risk if you want a shot at them.

• Members

That's because most people are PUSSIES.

I made over 30,000 USD working in a warehouse in 2011.

Now I'm a professional investor, blogger, poker player, musician and game designer.

SUCK IT, BITCHES.

OH {censored}ING NO!!!

What's wrong? Gonna go cry to your mother because someone points out that you're hiding from the fact that you're a worthless piece of {censored} and have nothing to offer society? OH

{censored}ING

NO!

It's a forum full of useless wastes of space who hang out in dive bars playing {censored}ty metal music and clinging to every {censored}ing "metal" stereotype known to man. What did you expect.

And guys, he's right.

Don't pick on him because it says "Junior Member" under his name.

{censored}ing Nazis.

for pete's sake...:facepalm:

• Members

for pete's sake...
:facepalm:

Now you're bringing religion into this?

WARNING: SARCASM

Footnote: your type of response is the easiest response, yet is the one most people cling to.

Go ahead, continue to jump on the band wagon. Continue to be a useless waste of space.

Yes my {censored} might get deleted.

Yes I might be "suspended".

But deep down inside you know I'm right.

• Members

at the risk of being arrested and detained indefinitely (thanks for caving to the pressure obummer), america sucks and is going down the path that it's been fighting forever. slowly our freedoms are being taken away by lobbyists for big corporations, and other industries. the mpaa and riaa are helping make it so the government can control access to websites and shut down our first amendment rights with sopa and pipa. and the indefinite detention {censored} shows the government knows it's people are getting sick of having these out of touch career politicians in congress running our country into the ground in the interest of lining their pockets and their friends and companies pockets with money and we are going to revolt. they are afraid of the inevitable fall of the american empire which has been a long time coming. the rich want to run the world their way and that is not conducive to the better interest of the human race. our democracy is becoming an oligarchy. or even a kleptocracy. or a combination of an oligarchy, kleptocracy, and aristocracy.

happy new year!

• Members

at the risk of being arrested and detained indefinitely (thanks for caving to the pressure obummer), america sucks and is going down the path that it's been fighting forever. slowly our freedoms are being taken away by lobbyists for big corporations, and other industries. the mpaa and riaa are helping make it so the government can control access to websites and shut down our first amendment rights with sopa and pipa. and the indefinite detention {censored} shows the government knows it's people are getting sick of having these out of touch career politicians in congress running our country into the ground in the interest of lining their pockets and their friends and companies pockets with money and we are going to revolt. they are afraid of the inevitable fall of the american empire which has been a long time coming. the rich want to run the world their way and that is not conducive to the better interest of the human race. our democracy is becoming an oligarchy. or even a kleptocracy. or a combination of an oligarchy, kleptocracy, and aristocracy.

happy new year!

Reddit won't let this happen...

Fr6Wp.jpg

Archived