about to buy a SLOstortion unless hcaf can pick something better

sleewell

• Members

so the guy never called me or responded to my emails about buying that vtm this weekend so i have 200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. i need (hahaha, more like want) pedals more than maps or guitars and i have been eyeing the SLOstortion for a while and am thinking i should pull the trigger. i really like what i have been hearing about it and the fact that it has an independent boost really adds value and usefullness for me.

either pick out a better higher gain dirt box or propose a better way for me to spend 200 bucks.

other things i am looking at:

ehx pog 2

zoom g3

burstbucker pro set for my agile

replacement 12'' for my blues deluxe

Bill

• Members
Used to have a Riot. Sounds good but doesn't feel that good. I now have a Pinnacle Deluxe which is the {censored}
:love:

i'm kinda looking at that one too, does the boost work independently of the dirt on that one too? i kinda like the idea of having a seperate boost you can either use by itself or with the dirt side to give you more options.

• Members

i'm kinda looking at that one too, does the boost work independently of the dirt on that one too? i kinda like the idea of having a seperate boost you can either use by itself or with the dirt side to give you more options.

I've got the Pinnacle Deluxe. The boost is not independent. Te only one complaint I have is that the low end is loose. It's voiced more like power-amp distortion.

• Members

so the guy never called me or responded to my emails about buying that vtm this weekend so i have 200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. i need (hahaha, more like want) pedals more than maps or guitars and i have been eyeing the SLOstortion for a while and am thinking i should pull the trigger. i really like what i have been hearing about it and the fact that it has an independent boost really adds value and usefullness for me.

either pick out a better higher gain dirt box or propose a better way for me to spend 200 bucks.

other things i am looking at:

ehx pog 2

zoom g3

burstbucker pro set for my agile

replacement 12'' for my blues deluxe

Bill

I think the SLOStortion sounds very good for a pedal, though it's a bit whoofy in this video. Also, At about 2:45 the higher note can't be heard over the bottom notes being alternated/muted. But again, it's a pedal.

Some others to look at would be the AMT series.

Archived