Bad Lunch.

Cougar Hunter

• Members

My problem w sushi is I never remember what I got last time. I never really know what Im getting. Our Sushi place (I live in a small town in Ky. Only 2 of em) is cool about giving you a bunch of free extra stuff. A couple weeks ago, me & the ol lady went & the chef gave us the stuff that was about the consistincy / texture of potato soup. I asked what it was, and he told us, but my hillbilly ass cant understand asian accents.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just let the chef decide at any of the actual sushi restaurants I go to, can you do that in your locales?

yeah, some places do. There's one place that you can actually get a huge chef's choice platter for however many people you have with you. So it might be 80 bucks for 4 people, but you get to try a little of everything, it's awesome.

• Members

not Sakura

not Koto

not Asakusa

not Sushiya USA

Let's just say, it's right across from Glenbrook, and it just opened this week.

The car lot sale flags across the parking lot was a big enough red flag for me.

Go to Sakura and try their Fantasy Roll. It is on special right now.

• Members

I love sushi

Could easily eat $50 at a single sitting and often have.

Now I set a $35 limit and I only have it delivered (it is too easy to just keep getting more at the sushi bar).

My fav is Futo-Maki roll, unagi, salmon roe (large eggs) on rice and seaweed, and tuna sashimi.

• Members

Word. I never thought I'd like it til I tried it. Good {censored}.

i just wish it'd stick with ya a bit longer. After 20 min, Im starving again

this ^^

i had it for the first time w/ the new girlie about 5 weeks ago at a place she likes to frequent. was excellent.

have tried other since and most are meh. gotta find a good one.

• Members

The first sushi I ever had was some sort of horrific smoked eel. My bro thought he was giving me the salmon or tuna. The eel was...flavorful.

I found a few I enjoyed, but I didn't find it something I would ever really seek out again in my area. Maybe if I was in a coastal city or something.

Archived