First time recording with my Axe Fx, Steven Slate drums

TheMercyRule

• Members

Thanks man! The cymbals are lacking, though supposedly version 4 has a more realistic feel and sound.

We have an EP released in 2010 called "Of Mountains and Monuments". Going to start recording our first full length in February, but who knows how long before we'll have a singer.

• Members

Thanks man! The cymbals are lacking, though supposedly version 4 has a more realistic feel and sound.

We have an EP released in 2010 called "Of Mountains and Monuments".
Going to start recording our first full length in February, but who knows how long before we'll have a singer.

NOOOOooo!!! I hate "singing". That music was great the way it was. Don't ruin it with some cookie monster, metal-hero wannabe!

• Members

NOOOOooo!!! I hate "singing". That music was great the way it was. Don't ruin it with some cookie monster, metal-hero wannabe!

Or even worse some moron crooning.

Edit: sounds pretty cool. Its hard for me to pick out why it sounds jumbled, but i agree with the other posters.

• Members

Definitely dig the track. I agree about the mix being kind of {censored}ed though. You should put some compression on the drums and make them pump a bit. Guitar tones pretty much sound better than what I've done with my Axe Fx. Example in sig if you want to check it out.

I'd love to know your settings for the leads if you'll share. That very ambient part at 3:45 sounds awesome. I've been trying to get a sound like that.

• Members

Definitely dig the track. I agree about the mix being kind of {censored}ed though. You should put some compression on the drums and make them pump a bit. Guitar tones pretty much sound better than what I've done with my Axe Fx. Example in sig if you want to check it out.

I'd love to know your settings for the leads if you'll share. That very ambient part at 3:45 sounds awesome. I've been trying to get a sound like that.

It was a tube drive>fas modern>4x12 V30s with a 57>eq to take out some lows and boost mids>good amount of stereo delay and lg chamber reverb.

Archived