So apparently some developers from Ableton left and came up with this...

OverDriven

• Members

Bitwig Studio. It's basically Ableton, but a better interface and all of the things that everyone has been asking for from Ableton for years, but they failed to deliver. It's been over 3 years since Live 8 came out and there's no sign of an upgrade in sight, so it looks like some ex-Ableton guys took matters into their own hands. One of the coolest planned features: Jamming over the internet with other users - in realtime. :love:

http://bitwig.com/bitwig_studio.php

• Members

Signed up a while ago, but apparently they were taking beta signups
more than 2 years ago
, so the chances any of us get in are nil. Any idea about a release date or anything? Are we talking one year out, three years out... ???

Where did you hear they were taking beta signups 2 years ago? They just officially announced the product a week or two ago.

• Members

Out of all the DAWs I have tried Abelton was my least favorite (I've tried logic, pro tools, I currently use cubase, reaper, audition, acid, FL, garageband, and ohm studio beta).

Live's UI felt backwards to me.

It's an acquired taste. Coming other DAWs it does seem strange. It's also more oriented toward electronic music, though I do all kinds of stuff in it now. If the audio editing tools were improved a bit, it would be the ultimate DAW for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

One of the coolest planned features: Jamming over the internet with other users - in realtime.
:love:

Holy {censored}ing {censored}. This would change my life, I've been dreaming of a way to do this online since I was a teenager. It'd make rehearsing an absolute dream come true, I hope to god it happens and works well. I'd buy several copies and give them away to people I love jamming with.

AHHHHHHHH! :love:

Archived